Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. d4nimal

d4nimal Senior member

Right in center city a block from City Hall - Philly is kinda underrated for shopping actually. I wanna say Boyds in Philadelphia has some Eidos, but I haven't stopped by there in a while.

2. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior member

@Nickpollica
    Is this coat the same length as the Lorenzo's on NMWA? The fit does look weird with it all buttoned up.

3. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Clearly Bloomies wanted to get the Tipo to fit into their shorter/tighter fit vibe and they did it by getting someone who is probably an L into an S. This is not about the Tipo cut (which I like) but about Bloomies's styling:

[​IMG]

That jacket is too short in sleeves but also way too short in length. I suppose they button it up to make it appear to have a higher button stance? Sorry...no go.

{NB: rant not a criticism of Eidos//end rant}.

4. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

Just want to clarify also - I am in no way criticizing Eidos, only the way Bloomingdale's features the product on their pages.

5. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Yes - my comment was in regards to the Bloomingdales pictures being pure rubbish. It had nothing to do with Eidos.

Bloomingdales just flat out sucks at making anything look like something you'd want to buy.

6. TweedyProf

That was clear to me. I figured since I was ranting, I should be sure my rant was appropriately directed!

7. TweedyProf

Did anyone get the Asym blue washed cotton peacoat from last S/S and have pics in the wild? I'd love to see it.

I've been wondering whether I should trade it in and focus on Eidos SCs (I like the peacoat but I think I need to focus more on the tailoring side). Would there be any interest in that peacoat from members who missed out on it last season?

Here's the green one...

[​IMG]

And yes, I'm closet cleaning...

8. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

Just found out that I missed the oatmeal/green/brown flannel Eidos guncheck SC from this fall that I thought I had snagged. If anyone has it in 38 and has second thoughts, shoot me a PM.

9. pkilcull

pkilcull Member

By the by, has anyone seen this suit in person or own it?

[​IMG]

I grabbed the last 46R from the bloomingdale's website; the price was virtually impossible to pass up.

However, the way it's buttoned on the model in addition to the description listing the jacket as both unlined and fully canvased, concern me. (The pants are also listed as unlined). I wonder if the description is accurate.

Any details would be appreciated, though it should arrive at my home in about a week.

10. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Our summer Eidos jackets are unlined and fully canvassed too. Btw, this is as close as it gets to opening up a jacket to see the guts. One can peak and see the canvassing all throught the shoulder.

11. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

They are incredibly comforabtle. It's like wearing tailored PJs.

12. TM79

TM79 Senior member

It's definitely a 3-roll-2. Yoox and Bloomingdales and other places stupidly do this in the website shots - no clue why.

I ordered one from the Manhattan store and it's actually sitting in a garment back in my closet after having arrived this morning. I only looked at it quickly but am 99% sure mine has flap pockets and not patch.

I'll see if I can take a decent photo tonight but it will be via an iPhone 5 so the quality of the photo will still stink ...

13. pkilcull

pkilcull Member

Thank you for the info, gentlemen, sounds lovely.

Wonderful to know it's 3-roll-2, thank you. I concur on the strangeness of hiding one of the garments better features. Feel no obligation to share pictures, but if you do it would sure be nice.

G'evening

14. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

All Eidos are 3 roll to 2, it's just how bloomingdales show it

15. greger

greger Senior member

Who weaves this hemp?