Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Marked under problems I wish I had and never will...

Great news on Trunk. It seems like a great store and those I know who have visited praise it highly. Look forward to going when I finally get to visit London again. In the meantime we are lucky enough to have Eidos coming to Henry Bucks here in Melbourne. Soon hopefully.

2. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Thanks for the reply! It's intersting to see how many things are going on that you never see. All we get to see are these finished pics.

Anyway, I wasn't the person that said that, as I believe that Eidos is one of the very few brands that has the same aesthetic for all their lines.

I could go to a client meeting in an Eidos suit one day, go hiking in a field jacket and moleskin or Donegal trousers the next, and walk around town with an Eidos polo, a casual sport coat and some of those nice high waisted pleated pants the the day after.

And all those lines have a similar feel to them, making it a very coherent collection. I can imagine it's quite hard to get casual, but still somewhat classic menswear right. Suit supply tried this as well, but their casual line has a markedly different feel to it, and isn't really up to par. So hats off to you and the rest of the team!

I'll definitely stop by trunk clothiers. I've been there before, it's a very nice store, albeit a bit small. Good choice for your first London store though!

3. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

Am I seeing higher rise trousers? If so, I really like the look. I think its much more flattering, especially for shorter individuals. Would be a nice change from the horrible extreme low rise trend of the last few years.

4. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Antonio

What a great collection.

I was the one who made a claim about different aesthetics. I was referring to the different fit of the different lines of SCs that you have, difference in lapel width and coat length. Maybe cut shouldn't be confused with aesthetics. Anyway, I won't start a debate about aesthetics!

Certainly, there is, it seems to me, a lovely coherence to the above. Look forward to it.

5. WiredandTired

WiredandTired Senior member

Is the collection shown autumn winter 15 or spring summer 14 or a mix of both?

I need to be a little strategic here and plan out what to buy. Would buy as all of it if I could.

6. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Fall winter 15

7. Chambertin

Chambertin Senior member

Quote:I would define aesthetics as the ability to somewhat reliably be able to look at a garment, and say "That's probably X brand/designer" That judgment could be based on any and all factors, from cut, to fabric, to the person wearing it, everything. Seems to me that Eidos Napoli is finding its voice; quite an accomplishment in this day and age!

8. FLW

FLW Senior member

While looking through the collection I felt like several of the looks I would wear head to toe (the DB suit with the windowpane overcoat being #1). It then occurred to me that this is actually a fairly rare occasion in today's menswear world. Most lines that make quality goods still dip into iffy territory more often than not. Even when the pieces are mostly good there is something that is too "sprezz" or too anachronistic or too direction for me to really like. Taking every piece and every look at face value is quite an accomplishment. Antonio has really done an outstanding job this season.

I think it was Greg that said most of the jackets and suits were likely the Ciro cut. Which one is that again? I remember Lorenzo and Tipo (even the resurgent Balthazar), but I cannot remember what the Ciro was all about. Anyone? Thanks!

9. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Ciro is a new cut hitting stores this spring season.

I remember first seeing it in the ss15 lookbook, e.g. [​IMG]

10. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

I think the ciro is sort of a toned down laurenzo. Same ideas, not as extreme.

The whole collection really does look amazing. I could happily dress myself in all eidos. My wife would say I'm moving in that direction already.

Goodies came to my house courtesy of bloomingdales. Though I now feel slightly guilty about grabbing things on sale, this sale season was awesome for me: these polos plus the casentino bomber. :slayer:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015

11. TM79

TM79 Senior member

I wasn't able to get to NYC from Boston - trains didn't cooperate.

I did, however, get the brown herringbone suit from Bloomingdales for $600 over the phone so I am crossing my fingers that it fits what I am looking for (my cousin's outdoor fall wedding).

12. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior member

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on that one but I'm not sure I could pull it off in my office. Would be great if you could post some pics when it arrives...

13. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

This suit was what I was calling "winter solaro.". Its a brown herringbone with a bit of red yarn in the weft (though not a true solaro in that its double faced). The idea here was basically to have a casual suit that could be easily broken up. The jacket is great with jeans, the trousers beautiful back to knitwear. As a suit it is defintely on the more casual side of things.

14. MoNum

MoNum Active Member

Is that suit from Bloomingdales a 3 roll 2 or a true 3 button?

15. dbbradle

dbbradle Well-Known Member

Recently picked up the field jacket from a fellow SF member. The fabric feels incredible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]