• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is more about the fact that all the models were slightly too slim for the trousers...

Marked under problems I wish I had and never will...

Re: Eidos in Europe - Starting with next fall (the collection above) Eidos will be available at Trunk Clothiers in London.

Great news on Trunk. It seems like a great store and those I know who have visited praise it highly. Look forward to going when I finally get to visit London again. In the meantime we are lucky enough to have Eidos coming to Henry Bucks here in Melbourne. Soon hopefully.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is more about the fact that all the models were slightly too slim for the trousers and I didn't want to alter the waist on the pants before our campaign shoot next week. When they put their hands in their pockets they keptpulling the trousers down, making the waistband visible.

Re: Eidos in Europe - Starting with next fall (the collection above) Eidos will be available at Trunk Clothiers in London.

Re: being able to dress in all Eidos - That's kind of the point. I believe it was you who said that you thought Eidos seemed to have many different lines and aesthetics, targeting different guys last week. I think what we've shown above a clear statement of one aesthetic that can take you from clothing you would wear on the walk to the gym (a la the Gino Iannucci look) to something you would wear to a black tie wedding.

Thanks for the reply! It's intersting to see how many things are going on that you never see. All we get to see are these finished pics.

Anyway, I wasn't the person that said that, as I believe that Eidos is one of the very few brands that has the same aesthetic for all their lines.

I could go to a client meeting in an Eidos suit one day, go hiking in a field jacket and moleskin or Donegal trousers the next, and walk around town with an Eidos polo, a casual sport coat and some of those nice high waisted pleated pants the the day after.

And all those lines have a similar feel to them, making it a very coherent collection. I can imagine it's quite hard to get casual, but still somewhat classic menswear right. Suit supply tried this as well, but their casual line has a markedly different feel to it, and isn't really up to par. So hats off to you and the rest of the team!

I'll definitely stop by trunk clothiers. I've been there before, it's a very nice store, albeit a bit small. Good choice for your first London store though!

NewYawker

Reaction score
Am I seeing higher rise trousers? If so, I really like the look. I think its much more flattering, especially for shorter individuals. Would be a nice change from the horrible extreme low rise trend of the last few years.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Re: being able to dress in all Eidos - That's kind of the point. I believe it was you who said that you thought Eidos seemed to have many different lines and aesthetics, targeting different guys last week. I think what we've shown above a clear statement of one aesthetic that can take you from clothing you would wear on the walk to the gym (a la the Gino Iannucci look) to something you would wear to a black tie wedding.
Antonio

What a great collection.

I was the one who made a claim about different aesthetics. I was referring to the different fit of the different lines of SCs that you have, difference in lapel width and coat length. Maybe cut shouldn't be confused with aesthetics. Anyway, I won't start a debate about aesthetics!

Certainly, there is, it seems to me, a lovely coherence to the above. Look forward to it.

WiredandTired

Reaction score
Is the collection shown autumn winter 15 or spring summer 14 or a mix of both?

I need to be a little strategic here and plan out what to buy. Would buy as all of it if I could.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fall winter 15

Chambertin

Reaction score
Quote:
I would define aesthetics as the ability to somewhat reliably be able to look at a garment, and say "That's probably X brand/designer" That judgment could be based on any and all factors, from cut, to fabric, to the person wearing it, everything. Seems to me that Eidos Napoli is finding its voice; quite an accomplishment in this day and age!

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While looking through the collection I felt like several of the looks I would wear head to toe (the DB suit with the windowpane overcoat being #1). It then occurred to me that this is actually a fairly rare occasion in today's menswear world. Most lines that make quality goods still dip into iffy territory more often than not. Even when the pieces are mostly good there is something that is too "sprezz" or too anachronistic or too direction for me to really like. Taking every piece and every look at face value is quite an accomplishment. Antonio has really done an outstanding job this season.

I think it was Greg that said most of the jackets and suits were likely the Ciro cut. Which one is that again? I remember Lorenzo and Tipo (even the resurgent Balthazar), but I cannot remember what the Ciro was all about. Anyone? Thanks!

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Ciro is a new cut hitting stores this spring season.

I remember first seeing it in the ss15 lookbook, e.g.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the ciro is sort of a toned down laurenzo. Same ideas, not as extreme.

The whole collection really does look amazing. I could happily dress myself in all eidos. My wife would say I'm moving in that direction already.

Goodies came to my house courtesy of bloomingdales. Though I now feel slightly guilty about grabbing things on sale, this sale season was awesome for me: these polos plus the casentino bomber. :slayer:

Last edited:

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys - if possible get offline and go to bloomingdales to feel and try on in person. The fabrics are incredible and you won't be able to grasp this from an iPhone shot.

I wasn't able to get to NYC from Boston - trains didn't cooperate.

I did, however, get the brown herringbone suit from Bloomingdales for $600 over the phone so I am crossing my fingers that it fits what I am looking for (my cousin's outdoor fall wedding).

Spandexter

Reaction score

I did, however, get the brown herringbone suit from Bloomingdales for $600 over the phone so I am crossing my fingers that it fits what I am looking for (my cousin's outdoor fall wedding).

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on that one but I'm not sure I could pull it off in my office. Would be great if you could post some pics when it arrives...

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on that one but I'm not sure I could pull it off in my office. Would be great if you could post some pics when it arrives...

This suit was what I was calling "winter solaro.". Its a brown herringbone with a bit of red yarn in the weft (though not a true solaro in that its double faced). The idea here was basically to have a casual suit that could be easily broken up. The jacket is great with jeans, the trousers beautiful back to knitwear. As a suit it is defintely on the more casual side of things.

MoNum

Reaction score
Is that suit from Bloomingdales a 3 roll 2 or a true 3 button?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads