1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I think Antonio had his presentation today for NYFW. On the Haberdashmen instagram, there's a picture of what I am guessing is either the Lorenzo or possibly the new NMWA version? Beautiful lapel and soft shoulder (brown pinstripe). What pics I saw looked really really nice. Congrats.

@NickPollica , @gdl203 , confirmation that this is the new cut?

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Based on the shoulder, it doesn't look Iike the Lorenzo. It does look very nice though.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015

3. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior Member

Cannot wait to see the NYFW presentation. I enjoy looking at the presentations for brands I'm moderately interested in, nevermind a brand I support 100% like Eidos.

4. FLW

FLW Senior Member

The pics from Haberdash look outstanding. Has anyone seen more besides theirs and Eidos' own instagram?

5. TweedyProf

6. FLW

FLW Senior Member

:embar:
    Dammit. I should have thought of that. Thanks for helping me surmount my own stupidity.

7. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Distinguished Member

Also check out c_kimber. A friend of mine based here in Melbourne who has been collaborating with Antonio on some footwear for Eidos.

8. badsha

badsha Distinguished Member

Going to century city Bloomingdales today if anyone wants me to look at anything.

9. DirkVanBergen

DirkVanBergen New Member

Found one of these suits in the Bloomingdales in the Westfield mall in SF. Priced down from $1500 to about $500. Was the only one in my size with a discounted price. Did not end up buying it as it was not quite the color I was looking for but was an amazing suit and maybe I should have bought it anyway. Would've been my first luxury suit :)

10. SoGent

SoGent Distinguished Member

thanks for the offer - pm sent

11. razl

razl Stylish Dinosaur

I'd say this is generally good advice; however, it makes the most sense once someone is basically stocked. For the newbies who are coming in from the world of fast-fashion (note: they probably aren't jumping from that to Eidos, but...) sales on better quality stuffs let them upgrade enough to get away from junk. Once you get a generally OK-to-good stable, then change gears from quantity to quality and focus time/resources on upgrading individual items to super high quality/perfect.

That's not to dissuade anyone from going for pure quality on day 1, but keep in mind - those who are just starting to climb the ladder of better dress are going to make mistakes along the way (Lord knows I did!!) - I'm happy I learned those lessons on good-to-better items from sales/discounts than the higher-end stuff.

My .02

12. TweedyProf

I think it must be the new cut. Looks very similar (lapel/shoulder) to Greg's pic in the NMWA thread.

13. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The stuff at the show is most likely Ciro model. Our new style is somewhere between Lorenzo and Ciro, with some changes.

14. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior Member

15. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Btw, I probably should have posted this here too. I know several of you wanted to see the new NoMan cut. First peek