Eidos Napoli at Pitti Uomo 85

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by unbelragazzo, Mar 2, 2014.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It won't - we have a lot of knitwear from knitwear makers. With Eidos, we were more interested in the tailored clothing they produce in their own factories : sport coats, suits and overcoats.

I was impressed by the cuts and Antonio's eye for fabric. It probably took me a lot longer than it should have to sit down and select fabrics for our buy... too many good options! It's clear to me that Antonio has great taste and I am sure that the Eidos stuff will fit nicely in the store's assortment.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014

2. bearsfan172

bearsfan172 Senior member

What sort of pricing are you looking at for their standard tailored offerings?

3. tps16

tps16 Senior member

Some of the colors and cloths look quite nice. I especially like some of the green sweaters. Quick question:From looking at the jacket worn in the photo, it looks to be relatively shapeless. I'm not saying that it lacks waist suppression, but that it seems to lack shaping in the chest, etc. Is that the intended aesthetic or are there some other photos that look substantially different?

4. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Was trying to see what Bloomindale's has via their website, but nothing comes up searching for Eidos...puzzling...or am I websearch incompetent?

That brown donegal jacket is lovely...

5. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

They have it in store only

6. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Its just the angle, although that model is based on the Liverano silhouette so it lacks the standard front darts you find on most southern Italian jackets. Instead, it has a single diagonal dart that runs from under the arm to mid pocket. This allows the jacket to have a defined waist while maintaining a cleaner front of coat. The overall feeling is almost that of an Italian sack jacket but with much more shape. Its just one of the 4 different models we offer, although I am excited to say that it is the model that Greg will be carrying at No Man Walks Alone.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014

7. DutchW

DutchW Senior member

Anyone else know where I can supposedly find this stuff online other than Carson Street Clothiers or am I just going to have to wait for NMWA's fall selection?

8. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We are just shipping so things wont be online for a little while but Carson will have a much bigger offering online shortly. CHCMshop.com will have some sportswear as well as Haberdash and Lawrence Covell's webshops.

9. DutchW

DutchW Senior member

Thank you! Everything I've seen so far looks fantastic!

10. tps16

tps16 Senior member

Thanks; that's helpful. Does the chest swell out at all above the waist? Or is it more like Kiton, etc without much curvature in that area?