• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ehaberdasher Benjamin Suit

maxse

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I see these suits are getting very good reviews and since I am in the market for a suit I would have loved to try them out.

I am interested in the "lucente" slim model and I am a 40r...

This is my first workhorse suit so I was planning it to be solid navy. But it seems like they only have black shadow stripes etc... They do not have any of the standard basic suit colors at all.

I have found some old threads that kept tha they're going to be getting a shipment sometime near the end of '09 but it doesn't seem like they did?

Anyone know the story with these suits?

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ben is a member on here, I'd recommend emailing him directly. He has a very quick turnaround time with communications and is very welling to help.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know nothing about their house label suits.
I did buy an Isaia suit from them and they are
a pleasure to deal with. Outstanding service.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We should be getting in the solid navy Lucente model this week, but being we'll be closed for inventory then vacation next week we will not have them on our site for at least another 2 weeks - soon though... very soon!

zacattacks

Reaction score
Jumping in, do you know what the price will be for the solid navy lucente?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zacattacks
Jumping in, do you know what the price will be for the solid navy lucente?

$499.99. That's going to be the new regular price now moving forward... originally they were $599.99.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i like the 499 price on the benjamin 3 piece suits, but just wondering why the separates purchased come up actually more expensive?

$499.99 is for a 2 piece suit. We did not order more vests... but are considering...

maxse

Reaction score
Great news, looking forward to this.

Do you guys do alterations as well? I am from NY so it would be great to just come over try it on and have the experts fit it to me right away...

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maxse
Great news, looking forward to this.

Do you guys do alterations as well? I am from NY so it would be great to just come over try it on and have the experts fit it to me right away...

We don't do any alterations, but we do work closely with a tailor in Glen Rock, NJ. He's very good, but not the cheapest around. We would be happy to meet with you at the tailor shop if you wish, if even just for a fitting, and you can then choose to have it tailored there or take it elsewhere.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry for the duplicate post...

We received the first shipment of Lucente suits and they're now available for purchase - only 2 of each size for now (46C - 52R) - we'll receive the balance of the shipment at the end of the month! We also only got in the charcoal in e50C - sorry... we're getting the other fabrics in 50C with the rest of the shipment.

dpw

Reaction score
Ben:

I bought a Brioni, 40R in an oatmeal color from you about 2 years ago. It is such an unusual color and I always get complimnets on it. Thanks for the great service and a beautiful suit.

dpw

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dpw
Ben:

I bought a Brioni, 40R in an oatmeal color from you about 2 years ago. It is such an unusual color and I always get complimnets on it. Thanks for the great service and a beautiful suit.

dpw

DPW - Thank you for the kind message... nothing like Brioni. May the compliments continue to pour in - enjoy the suit!

maxse

Reaction score
Ben:

I am still looking for a suit and still waiting for you to have a SOLID NAVY Slim Lucente model in stock.

It is almost 3 months since you said you would have them stock and I don't see them available yet.

I will be needing it within the next 2 months, so please let me know if it was canceled or if you plan on having it at all. Thank you.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maxse
Ben:

I am still looking for a suit and still waiting for you to have a SOLID NAVY Slim Lucente model in stock.

It is almost 3 months since you said you would have them stock and I don't see them available yet.

I will be needing it within the next 2 months, so please let me know if it was canceled or if you plan on having it at all. Thank you.

Hello,

Glad you posted as we've actually had them for well over a month on our website now - unless you had something else in mind?

http://store.ehaberdasher.com/Detail.bok?no=4372

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads