• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EG Trunk Show Orders

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received their orders from the Edward Green trunk show that took place in the Spring? It's been approximately five months since I placed my orders, and I am interested in any information on their status.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Has anyone received their orders from the Edward Green trunk show that took place in the Spring? It's been approximately five months since I placed my orders, and I am interested in any information on their status.

Nope and not a peep from Saks on when to expect them. Though after my hideous experience with the RLPL MTO fiasco from February 2006, I can't say that I'm too surprised that these are late.

The two pair form Saks are the last in my piepline and I think I'm going to give up on EG MTO for the time being and focus my attention elsewhere.

Though, I have to give props to Tom park at LeatherSole in Hawaii. He seems to ahve the magic touch with MTO as I've never had to wait longer than 12 weeks.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
...I think I'm going to give up on EG MTO for the time being and focus my attention elsewhere.
What about your mission?
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything, but I am tempted to give Sky Valet a call.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
What about your mission?
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

There are other ways. I have my eye on adding the 58 last as we speak.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
I would be afraid they would put a rush on making my shoes and not do as good as job as i expect them to.

I wouldn't worry about this too much. EG strikes me as a very, "we will sell no wine before its time" outfit. People who are paying this much for shoes are going to complain if they get a substandard product. It would just result in more headaches for EG down the road.

I have a hard time believing a status call will either speed up or slow down your order. My guess is the shoes will be ready when they're ready. It doesn't make the waiting any easier, though.

Virginia Dandy

Reaction score
I was in Sky Valet last weekend. I believe they are expected any time now.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I ordered a pair from RL in early May and the RL salesman called about 3 weeks ago to say that they would arrive sometime in late September. AFAIK they haven't shipped yet, but I expect (hope) that shipping is imminent.

passingtime

Reaction score
I received mine two weeks ago, coincidentally the same time the mislabelled RLPL shoers turned up.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update: I visited Sky Valet this past Saturday. The younger Sky brother told me that the shoes* had shipped and would be arriving this week. It might be best to call beforehand to confirm before you visit to pick up your order(s), however. The next EG trunk show is on December 1 and 2. Prices are now $895 for most models and a $125 upcharge.

*One pair did not ship. I did not see the person's name on the receipt, but I think it is a UK8.5E shoe.

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As AC notes, the Sky Valet orders were shipped from Northampton on Thursday. One of the things that often delays such trunk show orders (as opposed to single MTO requests) is that EG waits until the order is complete before shipping it to the merchant. In Sky Valet's case, these means that all 30 pair of shoes needed to be made, some with rather significant variations from EG's stock models. In the case of an individual customer, the shoe can be shipped as soon as it is crafted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads