• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EG Sizing on the 82 Last?

2ManyShoes

Reaction score
I wear a 10.5D US. What would my size be on the Edward Green 82 Last? Thanks!

2ManyShoes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 2ManyShoes
I wear a 10.5D US. What would my size be on the Edward Green 82 Last? Thanks!

BTW, I fit nicely in a Vass U-last at size 44. I can wear C&J 9.5 UK (slightly snug) and 10 (slightly loose). AE sizing is pretty much a 10.5D. Moreschi, Testoni, and Bontoni 10.5s/44s fit well, too. Thanks.

2ManyShoes

Reaction score
Thanks. Hmmm, so a 10.5 UK would be too big for me? I've read in a couple of places that it's a good idea to size up on the 82. Unfortunately, I've also read that you should size down on it.
eh.gif

Originally Posted by saint
82 fits me tts.

Reaction score
EG prints both UK and US sizes separated by a slash. So 9/9.5 D means the shoe fits a 9 for UK sizing and 9.5 for US.

The width is the same in both sizing schemes. However, EG's approach to widths is that the shoes should be snug, snugger than many Americans are used to. So many, but not I, go up a width.

I say the 82 last fits true to size. To answer your question, 10/10.5 D

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, I fit nicely in a Vass U-last at size 44. I can wear C&J 9.5 UK (slightly snug) and 10 (slightly loose). AE sizing is pretty much a 10.5D. Moreschi, Testoni, and Bontoni 10.5s/44s fit well, too. Thanks.

pretty much same as me. My sizes are in Vass U 44 or UK10; Vass F 43.5 or UK 9.5; EG 82 UK9.5 normal width fits perfectly on me; C&J UK9-9.5 (UK 9 in 348 & 337) so your foot is a fraction bigger than mine.
My guess is that if you fit Vass U 44 and find C&J UK9.5 snug the EG UK9.5 will be snug too. If you find the C&J 348 in UK 9.5 snug you might need EG 82 in UK10 or 44 .

watchcollector2454

Reaction score
i think you should try them on before committing to them. the sizing on the 82 depends a lot on the width of your foot and where your arch is. i used to wear 202s until i tried on a pair of 82s. the difference, for me, was like night and day. i found the 82s hugged my feet in a good way and supported my foot where i needed it. whereas the arch on the 202s took a bit of getting used to, my feet fit perfectly in the 82s.

so to make a long story short - try them on first, it's definitely worth the time.

2ManyShoes

Reaction score
Thanks to you all for the very helpful responses. I've been thinking of buying the dark oak Fromes that agoldf has for sale: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=222900

But it sounds like a 10.5/11d might be a gamble for me.

I wish I could just try them on, but living where I do (Kansas City) I'm a long journey from anywhere that stocks them.

Hans Cater

Reaction score
Thanks to you all for the very helpful responses. I've been thinking of buying the dark oak Fromes that agoldf has for sale: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=222900

But it sounds like a 10.5/11d might be a gamble for me.

I wish I could just try them on, but living where I do (Kansas City) I'm a long journey from anywhere that stocks them.

Well sorry about that, because it would be rather nice to try em before buying em because these stuffs at times just don't seem to fit to size.

But your gambled size above should be nice if it is relatively a little bigger than your usual size, rather than smaller.

2ManyShoes

Reaction score
Ain't that the truth. You know, it's sort of amazing how much of a crapshoot sizing is on high-end clothes. As careful as I am about measurements, I still end up with a fair amount of very expensive stuff that just doesn't fit.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Originally Posted by Hans Cater
Well sorry about that, because it would be rather nice to try em before buying em because these stuffs at times just don't seem to fit to size.

But your gambled size above should be nice if it is relatively a little bigger than your usual size, rather than smaller.

2ManyShoes

Reaction score
Arg, while I've been dithering, someone else bought the Fromes!
censored.gif
Oh well, at least I'll be ready to pull the trigger next time.

Originally Posted by rebel222
+1. I can't wear my normal size in the 82. I have to go up 1/2 size and up a width, which is highly unusual for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads