• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EG Shoos coming to Toronto - Finally!!

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who care: I was at the RBC Plaza this morning and walked into to the Robert Jones boutique. I looked at the shoes and the manager was very proud to announce that they would soon be carrying EG shoes. About a dozen (mainly 888 last) styles arriving in the next few weeks, and a trunk show in January too.

While this is good news (and about freakin' time for a city the size of Toronto to finally have an EG dealer) and I wish them luck with the line, I don't see the suits on Bay St. paying $1,500 for classic English shoes when they can buy flashier eye-talian styles or TF...

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where you been, E?

Long time...

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG is out of my snap bracket, I would be happy if someone carried Crocket and Jones.

inter71

Reaction score
It is well stated - "Finally!!"

Anyway, Thanx a lot for the update. I have not had a chance to see EG shoes yet. I cannt wait to try on Farringdon in Dark Oak Antique in the 888 last. if they fit me well, I'll buy them right away.

Doxe

Reaction score
What would also help is if someone in TO carried Alden.

Then we could all wear the OneShoe.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like we had EG in Calgary before TO. Finally we one upped you!!

I asked the the same owner why they don't carry C&J. Not sure about his reasoning but he said they were in the no man's land of price ranges between Alden and EG so he didn't think they would sell. "Why would you buy C&J when you can buy EG for $200-$300 more. I disagree.

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
Not sure about his reasoning but he said they were in the no man's land of price ranges between Alden and EG so he didn't think they would sell. "Why would you buy C&J when you can buy EG for $200-$300 more. I disagree.

+1

For some people, the marginal increases in quality and finishing from a C&J handgrade to an EG is not worth the extra money. Plus, some people might simply prefer C&J's styling.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If C&J are to be available locally in TO, I believe the price would be formidable.

Buying from Pediwear will set you back around $400 for the Handgrade, I am sure locally, it would be closer to $600-700 + HST.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why all the fuss about more luxury goods priced out-of-reach and considerably more that what any savvy consumer can get by doing some research and availing other resources?

kasper007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bellyhungry
If C&J are to be available locally in TO, I believe the price would be formidable.

Buying from Pediwear will set you back around $400 for the Handgrade, I am sure locally, it would be closer to $600-700 + HST.

Given that Holt charges $890 for benchgrade Church's, i think CDN pricing for C&J would be north of $1,000.

We've had EG and JL in Montreal for a while, but being Canada, pricing is ridiculous.....

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Agreed, but some people won't buy unless they can try them on. Perhaps I'm naive, but if enough people can be enlightened, maybe other (better) goods will become available here, too.

FWIW, when I was in BB in Toronto I checked out the Peal shoes, and IIRC they were selling for $750/pair. I think it's generally agreed the C&J Peals are between Benchgrade and Handgrade in quality, so I would guess C&J benchgrades would sell for about $550-650/pair in Canada, and handgrades for around $800-900.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kasper007
Given that Holt charges $890 for benchgrade Church's, i think CDN pricing for C&J would be north of $1,000.

We've had EG and JL in Montreal for a while, but being Canada, pricing is ridiculous.....

I meant to type Benchgrade, I stand corrected.

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoff Gander
Agreed, but some people won't buy unless they can try them on. Perhaps I'm naive, but if enough people can be enlightened, maybe other (better) goods will become available here, too.

FWIW, when I was in BB in Toronto I checked out the Peal shoes, and IIRC they were selling for $750/pair. I think it's generally agreed the C&J Peals are between Benchgrade and Handgrade in quality, so I would guess C&J benchgrades would sell for about $550-650/pair in Canada, and handgrades for around $800-900.

Andy Trott in Vancouver carries C+J - went in to speak with him the other day, great guy. Also has very tight connections with C+J that allows him to do custom makeups - i tried on a black cordovan savile when i was in there. He doesn't keep much stock, but you can order through him, and he's very competent in sizing, etc.

He also refunds the difference in price based on the current exchange rate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads