• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EG Shoos coming to Toronto - Finally!!

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoff Gander
...so I would guess C&J benchgrades would sell for about $550-650/pair in Canada, and handgrades for around $800-900.

+1. The EGs are about 1k.

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bill Smith
EG is out of my snap bracket, I would be happy if someone carried Crocket and Jones.

Originally Posted by Geoff Gander
Good news!

+1 on the desirability of a C&J dealer in Canada.

Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Andy Trott in Vancouver carries C+J - went in to speak with him the other day, great guy. Also has very tight connections with C+J that allows him to do custom makeups - i tried on a black cordovan savile when i was in there. He doesn't keep much stock, but you can order through him, and he's very competent in sizing, etc.

He also refunds the difference in price based on the current exchange rate.

I've bought C&J's from Andy when he ran Sheppard's Shoes and used to make regular trunk shows to Victoria. He also used to carry Alden, but I don't think so anymore. He's a great guy, very knowledgeable about shoes. His new shop in Kerrisdale is very nice and he carries a few other SF-approved brands.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
+1. The EGs are about 1k.

Really? They're around $1300 at L'Uomo.

wetnose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viral
Why all the fuss about more luxury goods priced out-of-reach and considerably more that what any savvy consumer can get by doing some research and availing other resources?

There're actually a lot of people who want to try things on personally and are perfectly happy to pay full retail. In the same mall is a Brooks Brothers whose Black Fleece collection is actually expanding. Who would have thought it?

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately EGs can barely even sell in SF Bay Area, CA. I doubt they will be successful in TO

Omega Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
There're actually a lot of people who want to try things on personally and are perfectly happy to pay full retail. In the same mall is a Brooks Brothers whose Black Fleece collection is actually expanding. Who would have thought it?

Well, I think buying a suit vs. a pair of shoes is different to many people. They may spend a ton on a suit. But when it comes to shoes, they may look for something less expensive. The exception, of course, are the many shoe freaks on this forum! Their shoes may actually cost more than their entire ensemble (minus the watch)!

wetnose

Reaction score
Walking on a Cloud at Yonge & Richmond are now carrying a fairly decent selection of Loake 1880 - starting price: $450.
eh.gif

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
oh great, more things for me to go look at I can't afford...

;-)

ok, no seriously.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
Unfortunately EGs can barely even sell in SF Bay Area, CA. I doubt they will be successful in TO

ding ding ding..........we have a winner!

Seriously.........let's see how long they remain an EG dealer
plain.gif

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
Walking on a Cloud at Yonge & Richmond are now carrying a fairly decent selection of Loake 1880 - starting price: $450.
eh.gif

Pretty incredible.

Buying from those UK online stores would cost only half of that.

Also, it looks like you can view them on Walking On A Cloud website.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viral
ding ding ding..........we have a winner!

Seriously.........let's see how long they remain an EG dealer
plain.gif

They seem to be doing well enough selling Pal Zileri MTM and RTW so I imagine they feel they have the clientele for it.

Don't forget they're located in the RBC Plaza...lots of bankers and lawyers to entice.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kasper007
Given that Holt charges $890 for benchgrade Church's, i think CDN pricing for C&J would be north of $1,000.

We've had EG and JL in Montreal for a while, but being Canada, pricing is ridiculous.....

You can blame the Canadian Government's tariff regime (20% I think) to protect the minuscule footwear industry in this country.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bill Smith
You can blame the Canadian Government's tariff regime (20% I think) to protect the minuscule footwear industry in this country.

$890 is an exaggeration. More like $650. Still too high though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads