1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

EG sale shoe info?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mr monty, Jun 21, 2006.

1. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

I would have been all over the Lichfield in burnt pine too but I have a MTM version on the 888 due anytime now from Saks (at twice the price[​IMG] )

2. Tibo

Tibo Senior member

Hooray! The EG shop called me today, saying they were sending the shoes today and that I'd have them by mid of next week!

Can't wait!

3. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

I received my order on Tuesday. But then again, I made my purchase at the store and had the shoes shipped to the USA.

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I received my order on Tuesday. But then again, I made my purchase at the store and had the shoes shipped to the USA.
    I don't think my card has even been charged yet [​IMG]

5. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior member

I received an email from EG but I am not sure what program to open the attachment in. The filename is "winmail.dat". Any help would be a godsend.

6. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

Well... the easiest way to do it is, save the .dat attachment and then open the file with notepad. if it has text in the file, then you should be able to see it.

7. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

Are the shoes coming in now???

My card was charged 7/13 and they arrived (Chelsea's on the 606 in Burgundy) today.

My only other EGs are the Polo MacKay captoes and I have 2 pair. Each of the MacKays seem much much tighter than the 606 which fits very much like my JLs on the 8000 last....both 8.5E.

In fact the MacKays are so much tighter I am wondering whether Polo has their 9Ds made on what might be a 8.25E sizing for the 888 last they are on.

The 606s are perfect right out of the box and not just in the toe box as has been suggested but across the instep also.

It took me 3 days of inhome wearing to get comfy enough to suffer through several days of outside wearing of the US 9D MacKays. I could wear the 8.5E on 606 Chelsea's out tomorrow and I think I would be comfortable all day.

Perry[​IMG]

8. romafan

romafan Senior member

Are the shoes coming in now???

My card was charged 7/13 and they arrived (Chelsea's on the 606 in Burgundy) today.

My only other EGs are the Polo MacKay captoes and I have 2 pair. Each of the MacKays seem much much tighter than the 606 which fits very much like my JLs on the 8000 last....both 8.5E.

In fact the MacKays are so much tighter I am wondering whether Polo has their 9Ds made on what might be a 8.25E sizing for the 888 last they are on.

The 606s are perfect right out of the box and not just in the toe box as has been suggested but across the instep also.

It took me 3 days of inhome wearing to get comfy enough to suffer through several days of outside wearing of the US 9D MacKays. I could wear the 8.5E on 606 Chelsea's out tomorrow and I think I would be comfortable all day.

Perry[​IMG]

Yes, mine arrived yesterday: Black Asquith [​IMG]

9. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Two days ago I received in the mail a copy of my invoice and receipt, shoing my card had been charged on 7/22. I'm hoping that means the shoes (Cardiff in Edwardian, 10.5UK on the 82 last) were mailed the same day and should be arriving momentarily.

10. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Ask and ye shall receive - within 10 minutes! It's a nice way to start a Friday when the first mail brings no nasty, posturing letters, no motions that will need to be reviewed over the weekend, and no bills - only a package from Edward Green. [​IMG]

11. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Ask and ye shall receive - within 10 minutes! It's a nice way to start a Friday when the first mail brings no nasty, posturing letters, no motions that will need to be reviewed over the weekend, and no bills - only a package from Edward Green. [​IMG]
    How do they fit? I am curious, because IIRC, it was my random musings about EG fit that pushed you from "fence" to "buy."

12. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

How do they fit? I am curious, because IIRC, it was my random musings about EG fit that pushed you from "fence" to "buy."
    LOL, don't take too much responsibility onto your shoulders. I was probably on the "buy" side of the fence to begin with - likely to pull the trigger unless someone posted something like "I tried that once and six months later they had to amputate at the knee". Indeed, I recall that the gist of your post was that it was doable but probably not ideal - something less than a "push", I'd say.
    I tried them on briefly out of the box - no obvious problems. As a result of the narrow toe, my toes still only come to roughly the mid-point in the cap, so length per se certainly isn't a problem. The test will be, as I break them in and wear them for extended periods, whether the two small toes on my left foot (the slightly bigger and thus more problematic one) gets uncomfortably jammed. Can't tell yet if that will be a problem - it's up against the edge of the shoe, but is not uncomfortable when trying them on. I'm hoping that, given that I went a size wider while stepping down a full size in length, it will not be a problem as the shoes break in. Overall, the fit feels snug but not uncomfortable, perhaps a bit tight across the top of the foot when I lace it fully closed. I'm assuming that will loosen up a tiny bit with wear, too.
    Tonight and this weekend I'll be trying to follow the prescribed SF break-in techniques: condition/polish before wear, short initial wearings in the house, etc. Early next week I'll take 'em for a day-long spin and report on the results.
    On the down side, I'm already feeling to feel like a negligent shoe owner for not having a pair of lasted EG trees for them, as the "How To Care For Your Shoes" booklet that came with them chastises me that non-lasted trees can cause "distortion". [​IMG] Oh well, I'll just have to be to Greens what Jimi Hendrix was to Stratocasters . . . (um, except for the lighting on fire bit)

13. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

Wonderful shoes. I wore the Chelsea's (on the 606) for an hour in the house, than 2 hours the next day and today I went out and stayed out for about 7 hours. No problem at all. A much much easier break in than my RLPL MacKays 8.5/9 on the 888 vs the 8.5E of the Chelsea on the 606.

After today's wearing, I polished the shoes with a good polish and the shine really jumped out. As I mentioned on another post my shoes came without antiquing making me believe that they made the sale as a MTO without antiquing. However once polished the wonderful burgundy color is shining like a beacon. So besides being most comfortable they are truly beautiful.

I have scheduled a visit to London the last week of June next year so that I can pick shoes out myself from the store.

If anyone receives an 8.5E that is an unfortunate fit please let me know. [​IMG]

Perry