1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

EG sale shoe info?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mr monty, Jun 21, 2006.

1. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

The sizes listed are UK, (American is ½ size bigger).
    EG marks their shoes always in two sizes, English first, then width, followed by last number:

10 / 10 ½ E 202

2. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Senior member

If anyone's interested:

Dear Sir

We only have Walton black 11.5 E similar to Belgravia. Price is £269 tax
    free , plus postage.

No EGs for me this time.

3. thinman

thinman Senior member

If anyone's interested:

Dear Sir

We only have Walton black 11.5 E similar to Belgravia. Price is £269 tax
    free , plus postage.

No EGs for me this time.

Thanks reubencahn. I can sit out the sale calmly, knowing they have nothing in my size. Curse my large feet, though!!

4. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I have a pair of 11 D UK/11.5 US MacKays (888) that feel snug but not uncomfortably tight in width but seem to have a lot of room in the toes (then end of my big toe is probably halfway between the brogued "border" of the toe cap and the end of the shoe). I'm thinking about picking up the Cardiff on the 82 in 10.5E. Any thoughts on whether that might be workable or is too much of a step down? I'm inclined to try, given that I have found that I'm probably "really" around an 11.25 US lengthwise but just a bit wider than standard in one of my feet across the toes.
    Or is the fact that there seems to be so much extra length at the tip of the MacKays simply a "normal" function of the 888's relative length and thus not a good indicator that I can step down?

Does the ball of your foot hit the widest part of the Mackay? Do you generally wear size US11.5? If yes, then the Mackays are probably the right size. In my experience, you may be able to size down a half-size and up one width. For example, size US9.5D in the 888 last is a perfect fit for my foot. I size down a half size for the 89 last, which in my opinion, is closer to an E width. The fit is not as good, but it is wearable.

Please note that the foregoing advice does not come with any warranties, express or implied. Caveat emptor, as all sales are final.

5. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I'm going to take a risk and try a shoe in size 10F. My Loakes are all 10G and fit pretty well and are actually a little bit too wide for me, so I figure the EG 10F might fit perfectly. If the shoes don't fit, I know I can't return them, but I'm pretty sure that I should be able to recoup most of my loss on ebay.

6. jmatt

jmatt Senior member

I'm clueless. How/where do I call?
    I want the Inverness in 10F if it still is available.....

7. TomW

TomW Senior member

8. jmatt

jmatt Senior member

The Inverness is mine!!! Thanks to this forum!

9. waldo pepper

waldo pepper Well-Known Member

I placed my order on Wednesday but they still havent charged my card,is this normal?

10. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

I placed my order on Wednesday but they still havent charged my card,is this normal?

Yes. They will hold the shoes for you on reserve and it could take up to one month before you are charged and they are shipped.

11. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Yes. They will hold the shoes for you on reserve and it could take up to one month before you are charged and they are shipped.

Correct. As a data point, my shoes were shipped and charged 19 days after the order last time around

12. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Cardiff in Edwardian. Light brown or mahogany sound about right in terms of polish colors to people?
    Kiwi mid-tan unless you want to darken your shoes.

13. waldo pepper

On the Sky Valet site it shows a Monmouth with double leather sole.Am I to assume all Monmouths have a double leather sole or just the shoe SV are displaying?

14. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

If the sale shoes have some extraordinary feature, like a double sole, it is noted in the EG provided list.

15. waldo pepper

If the sale shoes have some extraordinary feature, like a double sole, it is noted in the EG provided list.

Thanks.I have ordered them anyway,so according to my list they will be a standard sole which is fine.

16. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

when they say 9F, does this mean 8.5/9F or 9/9.5F?

17. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

when they say 9F, does this mean 8.5/9F or 9/9.5F?

The latter. They give all sizes in UK standard

18. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

Ok,

My last EG shoes which is Churchill 808 8.5 UK F fitting was tight near begining of toe box area when walking. So I am putting a larger shoe tree to stretch it little bit (it's working I think) .. but the length of the shoe is fine.

Would it be smart idea to buy 9D UK or 9E UK in last 888?

if 9D fits OK in my feet, I would love to get SOUTHWOLD DARK OAK 888, but for now, my picks are:

All 9E UK fitting.
    1. CHELSEA BLACK 888
    2. WALPOLE BLACK 888
    3. ASQUITH BLACK 888

Do you guys think I can wear suit with 2)?

Thanks.

19. tattersall

tattersall Senior member

I wanted a Canterbury to quench my adelaide-thirst but I think I like the Lichfield better what with its finer punching - now on its way in burnt pine on the 82.

20. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

I wanted a Canterbury to quench my adelaide-thirst but I think I like the Lichfield better what with its finer punching - now on its way in burnt pine on the 82.
    that is a great looking shoe. I had wanted it, but someone beat me to it.