• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EG sale particulars..

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I emailed EG earlier this week to check on what stock shoes they had in my size,on the list there were 2 or 3 I could not decide on.Then I thought if I wait until the sale(approx 4 weeks)I could get all 3.
So my question is,do the stock shoes that are unsold come sale day,go into the sale or is there some other criteria?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The sale is is an animal unto itself. Once constructed, nothing, AFAIK, is ever added to it. That being said, there's a very good chance that at least one of the shoes you're considering will appear on the list.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers Andrew,I will just have to wait and see.I am already counting the days,its torture.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Generally, upon your request, the sale list is distributed via email by the EG folks about one week prior to the sale. They will take reservations on shoes as long as you provide a credit card number.

Suffice to say if there's something that you want, move quickly, as there was an absolute feeding frenzy last year.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it still going to be 250 GBP? Shipping?

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't mention shipping it usually gets you in trouble.
laugh.gif

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Generally, upon your request, the sale list is distributed via email by the EG folks about one week prior to the sale. They will take reservations on shoes as long as you provide a credit card number.

Suffice to say if there's something that you want, move quickly, as there was an absolute feeding frenzy last year.

I am already on the blocks,I will be off with the "B of the bang".
tounge.gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Is it still going to be 250 GBP? Shipping?

Not certain on that Zach. Even for me, it's a little early to be harassing the guys at the store on lsits and pricing.
blush.gif

I'll give them another week.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still struggle to get my head around a sale at somewhere like EG.Before I discovered SF and AAAC I bought more "fashion forward" clothing and footwear and it seemed natural for the stores to have a sale to make way for the new "fashions".Whereas somewhere like EG you can buy a shoe now for £460,the same shoe next month for £295,and then the same shoe the month after for £460 again.(Thats assuming it does go in the sale,but if its one of the EG staples you have got a good chance).
Thats why the only pairs I have bought full price are the MTO's.

Tibo

Reaction score
Not certain on that Zach. Even for me, it's a little early to be harassing the guys at the store on lsits and pricing.
blush.gif

I'll give them another week.

Andrew, do you have an idea of when the sale will begin ? I'm about to order a pair of EG's and I'd hate to see them on sale two weeks afterwards...

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibo
Andrew, do you have an idea of when the sale will begin ? I'm about to order a pair of EG's and I'd hate to see them on sale two weeks afterwards...

I spoke to them today and all they would tell me was the end of June,but then I don't have the kudos that Andrew has.
smile.gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibo

If you can hold off, I would. The sale is still about 6 weeks off, but depending on your size, there may well be a treasure chest of riches on the list. Last go round I was able to get 5 pairs.

Chelsea acorn 82 last
Yardley edwardian 606 last
Ladbroke mink suede 606 last
Warwick boot dark oak 888 last
Malvern brandy wilow 202 last

Quite an assortment, so hold tight and wait for the sale!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can hold off, I would. The sale is still about 6 weeks off, but depending on your size, there may well be a treasure chest of riches on the list. Last go round I was able to get 5 pairs.

Chelsea acorn 82 last
Yardley edwardian 606 last
Ladbroke mink suede 606 last
Warwick boot dark oak 888 last
Malvern brandy wilow 202 last

Quite an assortment, so hold tight and wait for the sale!

Very nice Andrew

Last time I passed on a pair of dark oak Oundle on the 888 last. Let's hope I can repair that mistake this time around...
smile.gif

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will EG ship the shoes to Canada?
I know some *** shoes site has EG shoe pictures but, is there a site that lists pictures of most of EG shoes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics