• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

EG Recrafting: How Much Can They Increase Shoe Size

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible for Edward Green to increase the size and/or width of a pair of shoes during recrafting? If so how much of an increase is possible?

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saint
Does anyone know if it is possible for Edward Green to increase the size and/or width of a pair of shoes during recrafting? If so how much of an increase is possible?

No, to during recrafting.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
During re-crafting, it's not possible to increase the shoes in size (length), but it might be possible to go up one width (but not more).

With wear the shoes will have stretched somewhat (particular if they were tight and either you or a cobbler, did stretch them manually). Normally the shoes would have gone back onto the original last and all the stretching would be reversed, returning the shoes to it's original size and shape. But if requested, probably, the factory could last them one width up, giving you that extra space which the shoes have required with wear.

Contact the factory and ask. They might not be in a position to give you a definite answer, before they have seen that particular pair of shoes.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I feared as much. Some very sweet EGs are probably going to end up on B&S in the near future.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I'd be selling 11.5Ds. I do have some 13Ds I'm going to sell, but they're not EG.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's