• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EG Pricing in Europe (RTW) - London, Barcelona, Paris?

mrmax

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience shopping for RTW EG's in London, Barcelona or Paris? I am after a particular pair of monks. Are prices pretty much the same (in US$ after conversion) in these cities?

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Germany is around 800€ +, as is Holland & France (Not a lot of dealers)
Might be easier In London @520-600£ @ EG, and other dealers.

But you will get VAT exempt, probably 12%return on export.

HTH

John Ellis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
Germany is around 800€ +, as is Holland & France (Not a lot of dealers)
Might be easier In London @520-600£ @ EG, and other dealers.

But you will get VAT exempt, probably 12%return on export.

HTH

Ed Greens are 500-600 pounds sterling in London. The VAT is actually 17.5% but the refund comes down to around 15% because of fees levied by the processing agents. Make sure you go through correct routine at the airport. I've done it dozens of times. Overall therefore you're going to get a 600 pound pair of shoes for 500 pounds or a $1000. It might be cheaper to look in Paul Stuart who get their branded shoes from EG.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by John Ellis
Ed Greens are 500-600 pounds sterling in London. The VAT is actually 17.5% but the refund comes down to around 15% because of fees levied by the processing agents. Make sure you go through correct routine at the airport. I've done it dozens of times. Overall therefore you're going to get a 600 pound pair of shoes for 500 pounds or a $1000. It might be cheaper to look in Paul Stuart who get their branded shoes from EG.
In europe (France etc Taxfre etc take a substantial charge) so you get 12-13% on export. It you venture above 1000€ thy wil give you more. The most I have EVER gotten back is 16% on 19,6%VAT (France) AFAIK, current Paulstuart are Grenson Masterieces. To the OP I would send EG a mail, stating which monk you are after and To which cities you plan to go. They will then supply you with A dealer, and tell you wether they stock the actual modell.

mrmax

Reaction score
I wont be in the US for a few months, so my choices are limited by those cities mentioned. I will check out G&G as well, but their RTW range is rather limited (no monks and they havent replied emails with requests for more information).

Thanks for the info, if anyone else has some pointers or hints on where to go, please do feel free to chime in.

Do you know if Carmina in Paris will be more expensive than Carmina Madrid?

mrmax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
To the OP I would send EG a mail, stating which monk you are after and To which cities you plan to go. They will then supply you with A dealer, and tell you wether they stock the actual modell.

I called the London store. They have the model in stock (Troon monk) but I felt rather odd asking them if they had it in other cities.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics