• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EG MTO & sale shoes

jjl5000

Reaction score
I have just taken delivery of my latest MTOs and my sale shoes were shipped at the same time.

Walcot Midnight 888:

Walcott1.jpg

Walcott2.jpg

Russell Burgundy 82:

Russell1.jpg

Russell2.jpg

Chelsea Dark Oak 888:

Chealsea1.jpg

Chealsea2.jpg

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what a parcel to have waiting for you at home
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great additions across the board...the Wolcot is especially killer.

The Fairy likey.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Very nice, can you take a picture of the midnight in natural light? Just curious.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The midnight looks pretty cool. Is it me or does the Dark Oak not have much antiquing to it at all?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The Walcot absolutely rocks!!
inlove.gif

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the blue shoes. There should be more navy/blue shoes in stores as they go with almost everything.

jjl5000

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Gents. I am especially pleased with the Walcots. I must say Andrew, your olive Walcots were part of the inspiration behind trying a none standard colour.

Originally Posted by whnay.
Very nice, can you take a picture of the midnight in natural light? Just curious.

I'll be happy to oblige over the weekend.

Originally Posted by teddieriley
The midnight looks pretty cool. Is it me or does the Dark Oak not have much antiquing to it at all?

The picture suggests so doesn't it. I think it is partly due to the poor lighting and an even worse camera phone. Having inspected the shoes closely, they are quite heavily antiqued (need better pics!).

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the Chelseas - which goes to show you how boring my taste in shoes is.

I like the blue shoes in photos but can't think of any situation where I'd wear them.

jjl5000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
...I like the blue shoes in photos but can't think of any situation where I'd wear them.

I trying think of an occasion I wouldn't wear them. I did plan on wearing them with jeans but I don't see why they couldn't be worn with a suit.

Definitely need more midnight
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

16520Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjl5000
Definitely need more midnight
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I really thought that my last shoe purchase was my last shoe purchase until those midnight Walcotts popped up. Thanks a lot.

plain.gif

Nice dark oak Chelseas, BTW; that was my last shoe purchase.

16520Man

Reaction score
jjl, do you have any in-person experience with JL dark blue museum to know how it compares to EG midnight? Thanks.

Dark blue museum:
JLLuffield-darkbluemuseum.jpg

JLVale-deepbluemuseum.jpg

jjl5000

Reaction score
I'm afraid not. I would hope others might be able to comment.

The Lobb's sure look good.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjl5000
The picture suggests so doesn't it. I think it is partly due to the poor lighting and an even worse camera phone. Having inspected the shoes closely, they are quite heavily antiqued (need better pics!).
The antiquing is largely at the cap's tip, and the photo's angle doesn't really show it. It will be very evident if you wear them and look down while in bright sunlight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads