• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EG Help: Beaulieu vs Frome

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please Disregard. Due to a change of fortune (much like the change of fortune that inspired this post) I likely won't be getting EGs in the near future. Beaulieu, last 82:
egbeaulieu82.jpg
Frome, last 888:
bf2.jpg
bf1.jpg
for what its worth, i have wider feet. the 888 looks like it might be more accommodating. open to other makers as well. thanks.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go with the B's. I am not sure what you are trying to do here,you want to get your first pair of EG's or want to get austerity brogues in any brand? You may also try Vass, contact them directly for a cheaper price. But the first pair is pretty much the way to go,82 last is sublime.

wsanford-shanghai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Beaulieu all day.

+1

FWIW, I was also debating between the 888 vs 82. The 888 has a narrower, slightly more square toe box, and squeezed my toes a bit. The 82 was much more comfortable.

Unfortunately the style I wanted was only available in the 888 last. I ended up going down a half size and getting C&J 337 lasted handgrades which fit me better than both EG lasts.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I echo the Beaulieu as well. The lack of broguing renders it sleeker IMHO.

trader

Reaction score
i don't think wide feet work in the 888. i have normal feet and they barely fit

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beaulieu, burgundy, 82. Winnah.

By the way, prize to the first person who knows how to pronounce Beaulieu correctly without googling it.

Pengranger

Reaction score
I guess it's easier if you come from England - it's pronounced "bew-lee". In France, where it originated - it's pronounced "bowl-lew".

So the education came useful for something
smile.gif

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surely the 202 would be better for wider feet?

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I prefer the Frome.

The Beaulieu used to be one of my "grail shoes" until I saw it in real life. It wasn't nearly as striking as I imagined and that was the end of it. I always imagined it to be very sleek but in actual fact, it was a little bit meh.

82 last is a very nice last though and I think wider than the 888. 202 is another good one.

daruma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Beaulieu, burgundy, 82. Winnah.

By the way, prize to the first person who knows how to pronounce Beaulieu correctly without googling it.

If it's French, then my answer is bow-lew.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads