• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EG fit versus BoO fit question

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
More people than you think. I'd more say BoO is true to size rather than a size or two small. To the guys who are smalls in jcrew and EG. You're not actually a size small. Those brands are just huge. I'm a small in some BoO cuts, and a medium in the couple that run small. Same goes with some other designer brands. I'd say between small and medium is exactly what my size should be

I don't know if I fully agree with this. BoO does run small, I think calling it true to size is stretching it a little bit. No matter what size you are in BoO, it still gives you that "slimmed down" look. I think the kicker is BoO runs too short to really be considered true to size.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wear extra small in BoO so i guess my i'm extra small in eg but i'll have more of a regular fit for eg.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
small in EG, medium in BoO. I cant even imagine who could wear small or extrasmall boo
People need to stop saying stuff like this on a forum where plenty of people are that size.
plain.gif
It's insulting. No one ever makes fun of you for wearing medium.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm brand new to BoO and I plan to buy a shirt from them from eluxury.com but I'm not sure which size to buy from because everybody says they run small.

I'm a XS for J. Crew and Club Monaco, what size should I look for for BoO shirts.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
either S or M depending on your height/chest size

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
xs in all jcrew i have fits more like a regular fit on me although i like my things fitted.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
probably BOO small. whats your chest size?

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chrono, what do you define as actually being a size small?

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
Normal people.
I don't think normal adult men are 125-130 pounds which is what it would require to look good in a BoO XS. Just because you don't workout, play sports, or eat does not mean you are normal...btw I'm not trashing someone for being small as I could care less what size another man is I was just letting the guy I quoted know that being that small is not normal.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
I don't think normal adult men are 125-130 pounds which is what it would require to look good in a BoO XS. Just because you don't workout, play sports, or eat does not mean you are normal...btw I'm not trashing someone for being small as I could care less what size another man is I was just letting the guy I quoted know that being that small is not normal.

Thank you for your insight.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
cldspu- I was mainly thinking in terms of ranges. If i'm a true small, where does that leave guys like lel/yardsale/chris/people i know in real life? They'd be like xxs which doesn't exist (most of the time xs doesn't exist). I don't think people who are slim really need to size up on BoO. I mean, if you're between sizes, i'd definitely go up a size rather than down. You need to be trim for BoO though. None of this kunk type stuff, or even being "average/regular/athletic" build where you're not really trim but just lift. You need to be trim for it to fit properly (and then it works wonders). Then again, kunk has been shedding a ton of weight lately, maybe he'll be ready for BoO in a few months
wink.gif
I think people have been fooled by american sizes over the past decade slowly getting bigger and bigger. Most jcrew smalls are a bit too big for me in certain areas, which is ridiculous. Am i supposed to be a xs? No way. I think part of the BoO hate is people not wanting to admit they're really an L or XL because they like that brands like jcrew, eg, apc jeans, etc... make them feel smaller than they really are. My size small BoO is about 18.75-19.15" i think from those measurements i had. That seems about right for a size small dress shirt, right? The shoulders are even slightly big at about 17-17.25"

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the same time that you're not the XS that Jcrew says you are, You can make that argument for brands like nom de guerre. Apparently I'm an extra large in that when I'm normally a medium in most things.

I think you're defining your size too much by a brand's proportion. You are the size you are in a certain brand because that's the way it's cut. I may be big for Nom de Guerre but I'm small for Jcrew. Either way, it doesn't say much about my size. It's just a point of relativity.

The only time it can work accurately is bespoke. Bespoke time!

KBW

Reaction score
got my first EG in today from Farinellis (shipped Mon and already here) and the L workshirt as a second or third layer fits great. Length is perfect

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads