• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EG Dub Monks (Westminster's)

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm soo close to pulling the trigger. Green Olive Antique. Awesomeness. Don't know if I can justify $800 on these bad boys though...thoughts?

Westminster-9.jpg

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Buy them, and then thank your lucky charms before hiding your pot o' gold.

Macallan

Reaction score
If you like double monks - buy them
If you do not like double monks - buy them and then sell on the B&S forum

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they nice......sure, and they are double monks, which is all the fashion/style rage for those that surf the interwebz.

Are they practical, as in, multiple wears?.......NO.

$800 is still $800, even if it's 35% off retail.

I was thinking of buying a blue suede Westminister from Leathersoul, or MTO a pair from Carmina (thru Epaulet)....in the end, my sense got the better of me.

But don't let me dissuade you from buying a fine pair of exotic looking shoe.......for us, shoes are a hobby, an indulgence; and sometime you just need to say f*ck it and go with your wild side.

Macallan

Reaction score

I was thinking of buying a blue suede Westminister from Leathersoul, or MTO a pair from Carmina (thru Epaulet)....in the end, my sense got the better of me

A more versatile option would be a navy calf - most of my shoes are black but sometimes I want something different (I only wear brown shoes for casual-wear) without making a statement

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The MTO pair from Carmina was blue calf.

In the end I went with the austerity brogue instead.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

My half ounce of gold would all be used to buy these shoes. So you don't like it the green?

It's not that I don't like the green, I just think it would go better with one giant buckle...about the size of a palm...rather than two small ones on each shoe.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
definitely buy em. I tried those on and really wish i wouldve bought them. 800 is a steal for them too.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are they nice......sure, and they are double monks, which is all the fashion/style rage for those that surf the interwebz.
Are they practical, as in, multiple wears?.......NO.
$800 is still $800, even if it's 35% off retail.
I was thinking of buying a blue suede Westminister from Leathersoul, or MTO a pair from Carmina (thru Epaulet)....in the end, my sense got the better of me.
But don't let me dissuade you from buying a fine pair of exotic looking shoe.......for us, shoes are a hobby, an indulgence; and sometime you just need to say f*ck it and go with your wild side.

Would be more of an F'it shoe. I'm covered on all the basics and then some. And given I'm not in a formal environment and wear a suit at work just because I want to, I can get away with green shoes no problemo. I'd actually wear these casually as well (jeans, chinos).

It's not that I don't like the green, I just think it would go better with one giant buckle...about the size of a palm...rather than two small ones on each shoe.

Ha! I'll wear them eating me lucky charms.

definitely buy em. I tried those on and really wish i wouldve bought them. 800 is a steal for them too.

You're killing me. Maybe I'll just wait long enough for someone to buy them and make the decision easier for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads