• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EG Chelsea in Wine - enough for interview wear?

Bob01

Reaction score
Hey All,

It seems the general consensus on what to wear to an interview is:
- Navy Suit
- White or Blue barrel cuff shirt
- tie to go with it, may want to hold off on pocket square
- Black Balmoral Captoe shoes - most highly endorsed: AE Park Aves

My Question is, I have a nice Balmoral Captoe (EG Chelsea), but its not black, its wine - it almost looks black in the right lighting - no one would really notice right?

I've been shopping around for a AE Park Avenue in black as I don't have a black bal captoe. I finally see one on Ebay in my size ending today that may end for a good price, however at this time, Im between jobs, and probably should be conserving capital...

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The EG in wine is perfect. Indoor lighting makes it look black.

Regards.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is not perfect, but OK. I hope there will be more good points for you than wearing black shoes.

Good luck!

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've worn #8 cordovan bals to interviews, certainly your wine EGs will be fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads