1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

EG Beaulieu - Austerity Brogues

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by tattersall, Mar 15, 2005.

1. tattersall

tattersall Senior member

I picked up these beauties during the EG sale a while back and have been meaning to share some pictures. They're the Beaulieu in Chestnut Antique on the 888 last. Following RJMan's advice in another post, I've been polishing the toe and counters with burgundy polish to very nice effect. Being brown shoes you'd think they'd be for farmer, but note the absence of brogueing, so crucial for allowing the water to flow out when one is mucking about in the fields... Â [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Very, very nice.

Tonight I polished my brown monks with a little black on the toe and counters and then a full polish with cordovan polish. It really gave it some nice depth.

3. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I am obsessed with the Beaulieu. Very nice indeed.

4. pledge

pledge Senior member

Can anyone give some sizing guidance on the Beaulieu on the 82 last? I've heard from some that you may need to size-up, and from others that you would need to size down....

5. novqilin

novqilin Senior member

6. SirSuturesALot

SirSuturesALot Senior member

Can anyone give some sizing guidance on the Beaulieu on the 82 last? I've heard from some that you may need to size-up, and from others that you would need to size down....

I found them fairly true to size.

7. Harrydog

Harrydog Senior member

I love the Beaulieu...have it in burgundy on the 82.

Went with my usual EG size 9.5/10. I have the 82 in a D width and two E widths and am hard pressed to tell the difference.

8. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

True to size. Maybe a little bit narrower in the toe-box than, say, the 202.

9. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I typically wear 11.5 D in EG, and I got these in 11 E on the theory that 82 is long and narrow. Mistake. The first wearing was agony. The shoes broke in OK, but I would never do it again. I have another pair of EG 82 11 Es that I have not worn, will never wear, and plan to sell.

10. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

I went up a width and did not size down. They fit, but the Es probably would have fit fine too.

11. knittieguy

knittieguy Senior member

12. Harrydog

Harrydog Senior member

Anybody tried Trickers version of the austerity brogue? http://www.pediwear.co.uk/detail.php?stock_ID=2278

I think it is made especially for pediwear. Only available in one color, unfortunately.

Confusing listing....the call it a "wing cap derby" which it isn't.

It also has a dainite sole - rather unusual for what I consider to be a rather dressy shoe.

13. Salsalocust

Salsalocust Senior member

Hi Guys

A wing cap derby.....

C & J "Gloucester" Dark Brown 348 last

[​IMG][/IMG]

14. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Beautiful. Beaulieu is my favorite EG shoe. Fantastic color.