• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EG and John Malkovitch tees

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd post some pics of tees that Gary had in his store. The first three are Engineered Garments ones ($55). We see loads of Daiki's jackets and shirts and hoodies posted all the time, but I don't think I've seen tees posted. The last too are from John Malkovitch, and if I could afford to spend $75 on a tee, these might be it this season. The design is called "Flipping Uncle Kimono" and the line drawings are actually embroidered by different colored single threads. Really cool. The line actually has some really cool stuff. My favorite piece is a brown vertically striped v-neck pullover sweater with an oversized neckpiece and patch pocket, so it's sort of like a cardigan, but it is not. Or it is like a v-neck tee, but it is not.

Side shot of same shirt:

John Malkovitch shirts:

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
I saw those EG shirts at American Rag. I was highly disappointed to see they were AA shirts. They had special EG tags on the tshirt, but behind it, the tag stated made by aa. I hope it's a higher quality tee than their standard ones for >50 dollars.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by digital_denim
I saw those EG shirts at American Rag. I was highly disappointed to see they were AA shirts. They had special EG tags on the tshirt, but behind it, the tag stated made by aa. I hope it's a higher quality tee than their standard ones for >50 dollars.

I am 99% sure that they are cut and sew. They don't feel nor are shaped much like the typical AA jersey 2001 tees people print on. I like the Griffin shirt, personally, but it takes a lot to separate me from my money for a t-shirt. I really like the John Malkovitch tees, but man, they are not cheap. But they are pretty disctinctive, and definitely look quality...

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how the Malkovich line is doing. I like some of the designs, and the overall aesthetic interests me, but I haven't heard anything about it aside from a couple mentions here, and the prices are completely out of my range.

londonj

Reaction score
Can you buy these online? Love the EG t-shirts

raley

Reaction score
I like the first EG tee a lot, 55$ is a lot for a t-shirt however.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sleeve details on the third shirt are awesome. If I didn't have a as many tees as I've got now I'd definitely pick one of these up. What's the story behind these shirts? Built by an old school t-shirt factory?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
The sleeve details on the third shirt are awesome. If I didn't have a as many tees as I've got now I'd definitely pick one of these up. What's the story behind these shirts? Built by an old school t-shirt factory?

Apparently, built by American Apparel. I'll ask Daiki about the backstory to these designs.

BTW, there is no such thing as too many t-shirts. Just FYI.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics