• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EG 82 Last

jjgold

Reaction score
Well..I am a lunatic! I have a closet full of Allen Edmonds Shoes I hate. Well the way they fit anyhow. My foot is tough to fit. I have flat feet, high instep blah blah blah. Ok so anyhow I was in London in May and tried all the different big names. I found a shoe by Green but can't remember the last. I just ordered a 10E Southwold with the 82 last. I am pretty sure that 10E was the size that worked for me. Can any of you experts tell me about that last?

thanks

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
"Smart" round-toe last. That is to say, its toe is slightly extended and slightly pointy when compared to a more classic round-toe last like the 202. It is derived from the 888 square-toe last, so its fit will be similar to that, which is to say that it will be slightly narrower than both 202 and 606. This is probably my favorite EG last.

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's also my favorite EG last. In addition to being a bit narrower than the 202 it's a bit longer so if your width is not tight in a particular EG size you might go down one to prevent your feet from sliding. I had to go from D to C width in a monk.

jjgold

Reaction score
I am a 10.5 to 11 D in an Edmond..You think I ordered the right size...or close to it?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjgold
I am a 10.5 to 11 D in an Edmond..You think I ordered the right size...or close to it?
Sounds like that would be right.

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
Length and width are perfect for me in 606 7.5E. When I try 888 in the same length and width, it feels a bit tighter but the length is fine (widest part of foot sit in the widest part of the shoe). Should I get 7.5F in 888 and 82?

Stick with E in 888 from that description. The shoes will stretch laterally in the body.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, I don't think changing widths between 606 and 888 is necessary. Perhaps if going to 202, but not to 606.

Lint Brush

Reaction score
As a caveat, I have two pairs on the 82 (Chelsea and something else); I tried on the Grant at the Polo Mansion in the 888 and it was uncomfortably narrow. Perhaps the monk style is narrower than an oxford on the 888-ymmv.

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lint Brush
As a caveat, I have two pairs on the 82 (Chelsea and something else); I tried on the Grant at the Polo Mansion in the 888 and it was uncomfortably narrow. Perhaps the monk style is narrower than an oxford on the 888-ymmv.

Polo is standardized on a C width, smaller than the D that's standard for EG UK though they do offer alternatives.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
Length and width are perfect for me in 606 7.5E. When I try 888 in the same length and width, it feels a bit tighter but the length is fine (widest part of foot sit in the widest part of the shoe). Should I get 7.5F in 888 and 82?

what you want to do is get a 7F in 888 or 82.

maintain the width or increase it slightly, drop in size half.

that is what i did.

i am a 9.5/10D in 606. i actually am fine in a 9/9.5 E in 606 as well.
for 82,
i dropped back to the 9/9.5E. ( i am pretty sure 9.5/10D would be fine as well).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads