efficient use of morning time before work?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by The_Foxx, Oct 25, 2009.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

ok, finding i have a very limited time in the morning-- but there is NO way I can get up any earlier. Suggestions on how to improve my morning rituals, so that I have some wiggle-room/ time to relax?

does anyone shave in the shower, and does it actually save you time? as it is, i have very little time to enjoy a cup of coffee or have more than a breakfast bar.

0500 wake up, put on gymclothes and shoes, quickly mix N.O. Xplode drink and get to elevator down to the building gym.
    0510 by this time, I'm at the gym and starting the workout. I do a concentrated abs workout I took from a mens health a while back, one bodypart workout (chest one day, biceps the next, back another day, etc.) and between 15 and 18 minutes of cardio on a machine (20 would be even better). I figure i really need to burn over 200 calories to be worthwhile.
    0610 by this time, I am back at the apt and am forced to help walk the dogs. Takes at least 15 minutes.
    0635 in the shower, shave, get dressed.
    0710 or 0715 I need to be getting out the door to make the drive to work.

2. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

I take a piss on the sink while I shave, or brush my teeth. It saves me around 30 seconds. If you're really hardcore though... you can piss while you take a shower.

3. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

you shouldn't have to help someone walk dogs.

i do find it saves time to shave in the shower, but you can save more time by using an electric shaver.

maybe cut out the cardio part of your gym routine, then jog with the dogs.

4. Unbreakable

Unbreakable Senior member

I need to start shaving in the shower, but this would likely require me to put my contacts in before my shower, hmm...

5. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

08:00 -- Alarm 1 08:05 -- Up 08:10 -- Shaved 08:18 -- (optional toilet time if necessary) 08:20/08:28 -- Mostly dressed, check email, Fb, SF 'My Posts' while tying shoes and tie 08:35/08:40 -- Out the door. Shaving in the shower is only good in that it allows you to spend more time in there! The time savings is pretty small. I get in between 23:00 and midnight M-Th, so... ~ H

6. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

yeah, i thought maybe shaving with an electric shaver a couple of days per week might save time on those days. wife's two dogs are a little too much to handle with just one person.

if i cut out cardio, i'll get fat!! these stupid dogs won't jog, they would stop and sniff stuff too often to make it worthwhile with them! Also seems that running 10 min out and 10 min back is still at least 20 minutes of time that's hard to afford in the AM-- but can't go to bed any earlier than 10PM.

7. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

possibly job every other day, or take 1 day of the week out to relax.

8. AB01

AB01 Senior member

What a terrible waste of a morning. You wake up early enough like a farmer.

Jog at night if possible and sleep in an extra hour.

9. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

Train three out of five workdays. Use half the time saved on rest days to 'sleep in' and other half for coffee etc.

10. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I take a piss on the sink while I shave, or brush my teeth. It saves me around 30 seconds. If you're really hardcore though... you can piss while you take a shower.

Oh no, I know where this is going (Australian piss drinking).... [​IMG]

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Jog at night if possible and sleep in an extra hour.

+1 cardio at night helps burn off excess carbs which would otherwise turn into fat while you sleep.

12. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

past few weeks I get up just before 6, either go to the boxing gym for a workout or to the Y for weights and a mile run. home by 7:30 or so, ready to leave for work by 8.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

+1 cardio at night
    This would seem to be the optimal solution. Any reason you can't workout after work? BTW - these schedules are very impressive (especially Huntsmans 2 minute allowance for a shit). All this would take me 2 hours tops, not including a workout. I'm slow as molasses in the morning.

14. Bird's One View

Bird's One View Senior member

I suggest installing an RV style bathroom. This will allow you to shit, shave, and shower from a single position, and, if need be, simultaneously.

15. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I suggest installing an RV style bathroom. This will allow you to shit, shave, and shower from a single position, and, if need be, simultaneously.

You forgot using the telephone and cooking:

[​IMG]