• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Effective Way To Quit Smoking

hasrrygail87

Reaction score
Hello ,
we all know Smoking is very dangerous for our health. yes we all know it is very difficult to quit smoking. ut not impossible . if you will try definitely it will be happen . Physical exercise is also one of the effective mediums to keep away from smoking .

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sequestered myself at home for 6 days and quit cold turkey. It was all about getting over the hump, and if I would have left before that point, I would have bought smokes (or if anyone came over with cigarettes, I would have smoked). I had been trying to quit for a long time and had short periods of success with the patch. 5 months free now.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Champix

makerdevin

Reaction score
There are many ways to quit smoking. They range from advice on treatments for lots of smoking cessation programs of books to help you with guidelines and advice to stop smoking. You can also use a meditation center. Many sites also offer information and instructions for smoking cessation. The best you can try this one.

streetminimal

Reaction score
Cold turkey + mental message of 'you will die early if you don't quit'

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
I liked the idea of that person that had multiple mental guidelines that served as reasons for not smoking. Mine are

1) They will make your teeth yellow
2) They will make you look older than your real age
3) If you don't smoke a pack/day for 4 months, you can buy that ToJ DR you've been eyeing.
4) You can run and sex is much better due to cardiovascular improvement.

SC Widders

Reaction score
Try smoking weed, then smoke a cig right after and it will be the most discusting thing you've ever tasted. Trust me, I got high my first time last month and I haven't smoked since!

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
I read The Easy Way book that everyone raves about. It didn't make me joyously toss my cigarettes in the trash as it says it will, and it hasn't filled every day with sunshine. What it did do was convince me to give not smoking a try, and that it didn't have to be such a big deal. It's worked. Smoked my usual pack one day in early November, quit cold turkey that night and haven't touched any nicotine since. My girlfriend and many of my friends still smoke, but the temptation is mild if i even notice it.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
i've heard this works wonders:
cigarettes.jpg
Originally Posted by SC Widders
Try smoking weed, then smoke a cig right after and it will be the most discusting thing you've ever tasted. Trust me, I got high my first time last month and I haven't smoked since!
man, this is one of the best feelings ever! this is like a tradition amongst stoners, or so it was in HS.

mactilden

Reaction score
There are so many effective way to quit smoking in all these there are several guidelines can be depends to quit the smoking it can be great to know about it. These all are great to know about it.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best way to quit is to never light another one... quote dad.

jeremymw

Reaction score
Ultimately the best way to quit is through sheer will power and cold turkey. Took me several attempts to kick it for good, but it only gets easier each time.

Dean Keaton

Reaction score
I quit cold turkey about 1 week and 1 day ago, last Sunday. I don't really crave cigarettes, but I am really tense and stressed. Even now after a week - and that is the worst. However to deal with it, I go to the swimming pool, gym or play badminton. Going to the sauna is good as well.

This maybe sounds ridiculous but it helps very, very much.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Cold Turkey is the way to go I did it like that, was like a bear with a sore head shoved up his arse for a week, but then I found that my sense of smell returned and my sense of taste as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads