• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EEE Width Men's Dress Shoes in Higher-End Brands?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whereas I love my Allen Edmond shoes, I am eventually looking to step up to another tier of quality men's dress shoes; however, I have often found that other brands often have limited, or no, shoes that suit an EEE width foot. I simply cannot comfortably fit into D or even E shoes. Are there any brands that have good widths for men that are a higher tier than Allen Edmonds?

Specifically, I am looking for European brands, known their quality, that would make shoes that can fit an EEE foot, but still RTW rather than MTO or bespoke. I'd also prefer to have some degree of available selection as well in respect to style and colour.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this problem too. Haven't found much. Depending on what is causing you to need a EEE, you may be able to wear a larger size and squeeze into the front (depending on your exact foot composition).

As an example I have a true 10.5 EEE Allen Edmonds. I have a wide foot, but mostly a super high vamp and a high arch. So I can wear an AE 12 or a CJ 11 and "squeeze" into the toe box with little to no discomfort. In fact, for many years I thought I was a US size 12.

The exception for this is loafers - because of the low vamp on loafers I'm pretty hosed.

TL:DR - There aren't a lot of nice European shoes going EEE unless you are doing MTO/Bespoke.

Liam.C

Reaction score
Hi, I have wide forefoot and high instep, and need to wear 3E in Allen Edmonds (8.5 EEE, 65 last), but I actually found Alden's Barrie last in 9D fits overall more generously than my AE in both length and width.

In terms of European brands, TLB Mallorca in 8 (UK) G width is probably the best fitting shoes I own so far. As generous as my Alden Barrie but look more sleek and have a tighter heel.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have this problem too. Haven't found much. Depending on what is causing you to need a EEE, you may be able to wear a larger size and squeeze into the front (depending on your exact foot composition).

As an example I have a true 10.5 EEE Allen Edmonds. I have a wide foot, but mostly a super high vamp and a high arch. So I can wear an AE 12 or a CJ 11 and "squeeze" into the toe box with little to no discomfort. In fact, for many years I thought I was a US size 12.

The exception for this is loafers - because of the low vamp on loafers I'm pretty hosed.

TL:DR - There aren't a lot of nice European shoes going EEE unless you are doing MTO/Bespoke.

I have very flat feet with relatively narrower heels, but with very wide feet at the toes which are also fairly close to all being the same length. My instep is also relatively high.

I still wear bigger shoes than 11.5 EEE for when I purchase lower level shoes for various purposes. I have some Rockport chukka boots that I really like, and antique to look way nicer, that are size 13 wide, and I can fit into them just fine.

I feel like I might just have to try on some shoes when I next visit Europe to get a sense of what I could wear.

I also have the same problem with loafers as you do: I have never been able to find a comfortable pair, so I stopped trying. I don't really like loafers personally, so it's no big deal.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have wide forefoot and high instep, and need to wear 3E in Allen Edmonds (8.5 EEE, 65 last), but I actually found Alden's Barrie last in 9D fits overall more generously than my AE in both length and width.

In terms of European brands, TLB Mallorca in 8 (UK) G width is probably the best fitting shoes I own so far. As generous as my Alden Barrie but look more sleek and have a tighter heel.

That's very interesting. I have tried Aldens once in their store and I shot a bit too far over my size and price range, so I didn't end up purchasing the shoe.

I'll have to try out TLB Mallorca.

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
Same problem. Other than AE and Alden I have no suggestions I'm afraid.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same problem. Other than AE and Alden I have no suggestions I'm afraid.

Hugo Jacomet, of Sartorial talks, recommended J.M. Weston to me on his YT channel. All their shoes come in every style. The price point is very high, 1300+ dollars, but he said that were you to take care of them, they would likely last longer than I would.

Those are definitely a splurge item if I ever get some extra money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads