• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward Green - Winter Sale

Borrelli

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Siggy
The selection is not bad this time but the prices keep climbing. Tax-free at 391 pounds is about a hundred pounds more than just a few years ago. Plus for shipping they are now charging 40 pounds, whereas it used to be 25 to 30 pounds.
frown.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

I just found the e-mail I got two years ago and they had tax-free prices of GBP 290 for the sale. That's a GBP 84 price increase in two years time on the sales price.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Borrelli
I just found the e-mail I got two years ago and they had tax-free prices of GBP 290 for the sale. That's some butthurt in two years time on the sales price.

Fixed.

jcriswel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Borrelli
I just found the e-mail I got two years ago and they had tax-free prices of GBP 290 for the sale. That's a GBP 84 price increase in two years time on the sales price.

Wow, this makes me glad I bought my Edward Green shoes two years ago. I'm not a serious buyer this cycle so I didn't examine the pricing carefully. It did seem a bit steep. Now I'm curious about why their prices have increased so dramatically. Anyone have a guess?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcriswel
Wow, this makes me glad I bought my Edward Green shoes two years ago. I'm not a serious buyer this cycle so I didn't examine the pricing carefully. It did seem a bit steep. Now I'm curious about why their prices have increased so dramatically. Anyone have a guess?

Keep up with John Lobb's ridiculous price increases.

Reaction score
There always seems to be confusion about EG widths. The width is the same in both (US and UK) sizings. However, EG's philosophy is that the shoes should be snug in width, like a slipper. So compared to the typical US fit, the shoes seem narrow at first.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leather man
As for love for EG shoes - as per a former comment - I still lurrv them - along with the other aforementioned names but you are right -there's much less interest in them on here and even less now on AAAC. Not sure why? Fads and fashions perhaps?

probably the gemming factor counts in...
teacha.gif
cheers.gif

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
BEAULIEU DARK OAK 606 - £374.00 tax-free
10.5 E UK

Tempted. Must resist.

606 is a great last.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how does it fit in relation to the 202?

the pricing isnt great... but the shoe is

Longer, a tad narrower and lower instep.

Leather man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Siggy
The selection is not bad this time but the prices keep climbing. Tax-free at 391 pounds is about a hundred pounds more than just a few years ago. Plus for shipping they are now charging 40 pounds, whereas it used to be 25 to 30 pounds.
frown.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

The price of sale shoes bothers me too. I bought a pair of Elmsleys in 2008 ( can't remember if it was the winter or summer sale of that year). So that's only 12 to 18 months ago and I paid £360 for them including VAT! That's a price rise of £100 in lets say to be generous 18months - that's one hell of a percentage!!

Edward Green full price shoes have not increased in price by anywhere near that margin, rather they have gone up by approx 4 to 4.5% a year - pretty much in line with other makers.

So, I would be very interested to know why their sale shoes have increased by nearly 33% in a short time but I doubt very much the shop would be in a position to give a straight answer - after all they need to defend the companies reputation.

Whilst its a puzzle it's not a big deal for me because I rarely find anything in the sale in my size and end up ordering MTO and their full price shoes compare well against JL and now against G&G prices.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i need shorter, wider, higher instep
boxing[1].gif

then probably we should talk later this year.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads