• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward Green Westminster or Crockett & Jones Lowndes

Which Double Monk Should I keep?

• Edward Green Westminster

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • Crockett & Jones Lowndes

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have both but maybe 1 is enough. Which one should I keep? Both fit really well. Some factors are the color of the buckles, the last shapes, and value at resale. Interested to see how the polls turn out. EG Westminster
7371558318_5c8fdbe42b.jpg
C&J Lowndes
7372212892_f7c68fd720.jpg

Last edited:

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG Westminister no doubt. 888 is one of my favorite last.

Lowndes is one of my worst purchase ever. I paid full retail for them 4 years ago at the Turnbull&Asser/C&J store in NYC. I stored them until this past winter and started wearing them. Shoes feel light, leather feels cheap, but the worst is the last (348): pointy and clownish.

I would get rid of them in a heart beat, except I don't want to give them away free, and I don't want to deal with the douchbag buyers on B&S.....so I'm stuck wearing them once in a while.

david3558

Reaction score
Yeah, I can't say I like the 348 last either, but my problem with it is more fit related than anything else. I love those EG's.

Archivist

Reaction score
Edward Green, hands down.

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finding the responses so far very interesting especially with the amount of C&J love.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Finding the responses so far very interesting especially with the amount of C&J love.

To be honest, there is no comparison for the EG and a benchgrade pair of C&J.

For a fairer comparison, try a G&G double monk vs. the EG Westminister.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is not comparing Apples with Apples. I have both and The Lowndes is still one of my favorites and they have taken an absolute 'beating' over the previous 5 years. They work just as well with a Suit as they do with Jeans IMHO.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To be honest, there is no comparison for the EG and a benchgrade pair of C&J.
For a fairer comparison, try a G&G double monk vs. the EG Westminister.

Stop putting ideas in my head :D

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like shoes with buckles. Let alone to own 2 pairs in black at that. Nonetheless I voat EG.

Featured Sponsor

What is the most important handwork to have on a shirt?

• Hand attached collar

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Handsewn button holes

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Hand finish on yolk and shoulders

Votes: 20 37.7%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
berbervitalityargan