• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward Green Trunk Show on Saturday October 18th @ Leffot

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[FONT=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]I am pleased to announce that Leffot will be hosting their first Edward Green Trunk Show on Saturday October 18th.[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Edward Green shoes are arguably "The finest shoes in England for the, discerning few." Founded in Northampton in 1890 the Edward Green shoe company continues to make their fine mostly hand crafted shoes to the same high standards it has come to be famous for, using the finest quality calfskin. To wear them is to love them, and to create your own "unique" pair is to love them even more.[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Working with existing Edward Green patterns, leathers, and lasts Mr. Robert Godley of Edward Green and Mr. Steven Taffel will happily assist you in creating your very own special pair of shoes or boots. This is an excellent opportunity to view many of your favorite styles as well as a few that are new or rarely seen.[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]As a special courtesy to their clients, the Edward Green single pair make up fee of $120 will be waived on all orders placed on the day of the event. Leffot hopes you will join them for what promises to be a fantastic show.[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif] For more information email Mr. Tassel - email - or call 212 989-4577, appointments are welcome.[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif] Leffot - 10 Christopher St, New York 10014 [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Visit their blog at: blog.leffot.com[/FONT]

evanrose

Reaction score
I am so there. I'm thinking of a pair of something in midnight blue on the 888m, though I have no idea what. Any ideas? Does anyone else have an EG wish list and if so, what's on it?

jjl5000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by evanrose
I am so there. I'm thinking of a pair of something in midnight blue on the 888m, though I have no idea what. Any ideas? Does anyone else have an EG wish list and if so, what's on it?

Walcott1.jpg

evanrose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjl5000
Walcott1.jpg

I just ordered almost the exact same shoe in a purple reddish leather from G&G at their recent Leffot trunk show. They are super hot in blue, but I'm thinking more casually: a chelsea boot or loafer.

ttmw

Reaction score
They are such a nice shoe, how much do they cost?

jjl5000

Reaction score
Sounds like 'Hayes' which is a handsome shoe. Congrats.

evanrose

Reaction score
Sounds like 'Hayes' which is a handsome shoe. Congrats.

I believe it was the Hayes, but I did something custom: I either had the broguing extended around the ankle at the top of the shoe *or* added the larger, more ornate medallion they have - I don't recall. When they come, I will of course be posting pics.

jjl5000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by evanrose
I believe it was the Hayes, but I did something custom: I either had the broguing extended around the ankle at the top of the shoe *or* added the larger, more ornate medallion they have - I don't recall. When they come, I will of course be posting pics.

I look forward to the pics.

I did something similar with the Hughes:

Hughes2.jpg

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jjl5000, both those Adelaides are awesome! Btw, any idea as to why u-throats are also called Adelaides?

jjl5000

Reaction score
Great question Wes.

I have no idea but suspect one of our resident experts might be able to shed some light on the matter.

evanrose

Reaction score
I did something similar with the Hughes:

And they look great!

Mine are also Hughes (what is the plural of Hughes?), but without the toe cap (which I assume is your modification) and I added the medallion from the Grant.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did anybody go?
blush.gif

pledge

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures (or a description) of the new "Chameleon" leather from EG? The "Twilight" pictured above is also beautiful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics