• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward Green Trunk Show Dec. '06

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Andrew,

Did you take a pic of the whole collection yet?

How many pairs do you own?

No pictures yet, but Lobb and Green are a combined 100+. Then there is C&J and Vass.

There, I said it.
bounce2.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
That's an impressive collection Andrew. You could see your C&J and Vass and buy a Porsche.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
No pictures yet, but Lobb and Green are a combined 100+. Then there is C&J and Vass.

There, I said it.
bounce2.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Holy god. I've seen this question proposed to you on several different occassions. I thought you were going to take this secret to your grave.

You need (if you don't already have) a room with those custom built shoe racks like Adolphe Mejou's in Flusser's "Dressing the Man".

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There, I said it.
bounce2.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Are there shoes you've never worn? There are many shoes I've only worn once, but I don't think I have any still brand new.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris Rimby
You need (if you don't already have) a room with those custom built shoe racks like Adolphe Mejou's in Flusser's "Dressing the Man".
I've been designing my dream walk-in closet for a while. It's really fun to think about. A shoe room, flowing into business wear, flowing into casual and underwear. Sort of a three room megasuite of clothing.
bounce2.gif
Some day, some day...

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aportnoy, next time you're having a closet cleaning sale - think of me.
worship.gif

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I've been designing my dream walk-in closet for a while. It's really fun to think about. A shoe room, flowing into business wear, flowing into casual and underwear. Sort of a three room megasuite of clothing.
bounce2.gif
Some day, some day...

I like visualizing this too...except for your underwear room of course. That freaks me out. Thousands of pairs of men's thongs organized in the roygbiv color spectrum.
cry.gif

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
As long as they're RLPL thongs...

There, I said it.
bounce2.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

That's actually less than I would have thought...Andrew, are you slacking? Please buy more and post pics.
smile.gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Andrew, what percentage would you say are black? I can't imagine it's very large, judging from the pics you've posted.

Doc,

I would guess that in all, I have about 160 pairs and I own less than 10 pair of black shoes.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Are there shoes you've never worn? There are many shoes I've only worn once, but I don't think I have any still brand new.

Hard to say how many pair are yet unworn, but it's at lest half, probably more.

rabbimark

Reaction score

There, I said it.
bounce2.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

admitting you have a problem is the first step towards recovery. Welcome!

(the second step, of course, would be to purge all these offending articles from your life. So as to prevent a relapse, you see.)

Tibo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris Rimby
Holy god. I've seen this question proposed to you on several different occassions. I thought you were going to take this secret to your grave.
Ditto. I admired this subtle way of not answering the question, though.
My goodness do I feel miserable with my 18 pairs of shoes. I'll try the Aportnoy-argument on my wife when she complains about my shoes obsession and will keep you posted.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gee... With 160 pairs of shoes, you barely need to wear them more than twice a year (including weekends, etc.). That's 20 times a decade... Andrew, if you don't hurry up, you'll die before any of them need resoling.

minimal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Gee... With 160 pairs of shoes, you barely need to wear them more than twice a year (including weekends, etc.). That's 20 times a decade... Andrew, if you don't hurry up, you'll die before any of them need resoling.

Yes, but of course when you have a shoe for every occasion you probably change them more frequently. How many pairs could one reasonably wear in one day? Maybe three-to-four, if you include slippers at bedtime.

My day is going to be better just *knowing* the "count" of Andrew's collection.

I'm fascinated. What's the most worn pair? And what is the favorite pair? If you could only have 10 pairs, which would they be? Really, this requires an interview, Q&A style, to be posted.

Maybe there can be some concensus on the "big questions", that we can submit? Or, we can go as we are, peppering Andrew with questions until we are sated.

Now if I can find the "jealous smiley" to put here...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics