• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward Green Trunk Show at Sky Valet

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Willsw
Is it bad form to go to a trunk show with absolutely no intention of buying?
You won't be the only one there with no intention of buying...
blush.gif
I don't think it's bad form at all. It's nice to go there and talk with the Green people - they're quite nice and love talking about their shoes.

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Willsw
Is it bad form to go to a trunk show with absolutely no intention of buying?

No, the purpose of a trunk show (aside from making sales) is to help expose the product, answer questions, and build a customer base. However, I would be mindful of respecting the time of the representatives and of those individuals who are indeed making purchases.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i hope you guys that go will post some picture's - esp if there are some new shoe on show!

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found the last trunk show at Sky Valet a bit underwhelming. There weren't any discounts or special offers or anything really that you can't see on Sky's website or try on at the store any day. The only difference was that EG would measure your feet as opposed to Sky.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I happened to stop by SkyValet yesterday. Apparently, the folks from Edward Green will be bringing some new models and three new colors. And the brothers Sky will be holding a drawing for free pair of Edward Green. Anyone who comes in the shop will be eligible to participate; no purchase necessary. Certainly a nice incentive to stop by
smile.gif

braised

Reaction score
Go to the trunks show, get your feet measured by the EG staff. if you're a normal size and light in the pocket, wait for the right sales opportunity. If your best fit needs fittings and special orders then you're out of the sales opportunity space and the brother's at Sky V are very good at setting up orders.

Bottom line, the shoes are a delight when the fit and their always expensive. Get measured, you'll never regret it.

B

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medwards
I happened to stop by SkyValet yesterday. Apparently, the folks from Edward Green will be bringing some new models and three new colors. And the brothers Sky will be holding a drawing for free pair of Edward Green. Anyone who comes in the shop will be eligible to participate; no purchase necessary. Certainly a nice incentive to stop by
smile.gif

well i hope the take picture of the new shoes and leather colors etc!

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Perhaps it would be an appropriate venue for a StyleForum get together?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads