• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Edward green stowe, does anyone have a pic?

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What is the difference between the Stowe and the Oundle? Look very similar.
Here's the Stowe:
And here's the Oundle:
The radius of curvature on the strap on the Oundle is less than the radius of curvature on the Stowe.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
1) what are lasts
Literally, lasts are the wooden (or now, sometimes plastic) forms upon which shoes are made. Figuratively, "last" refers to the shape of the finished shoe.

2) what are lasts' values correlated with
Manufacturers typically either name or number their lasts. Edward Green numbers theirs. 202, 606, 808, and 888 are examples of the numbers that EG uses for their lasts.

dorian

Reaction score
Radius of curvature...
That's specificity for ya.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also it looks like the place where the 'tongue' meets the ...vamp(?) is lower on the oundle than the stowe. the top edge of the tongue looks to be lower (more open) as well. but it could just be a different size shoe.

/andrew - enjoyed seeing this thread resurrected

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The radius of curvature on the strap on the Oundle is less than the radius of curvature on the Stowe.
JCusey, Thanks for clearing that up. Stunning suede too -- that's the first time I've seen the Oundle/Stowe monkstrap in suede.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Stunning suede too -- that's the first time I've seen the Oundle/Stowe monkstrap in suede.
It does look good, doesn't it? More slightly eccentric pictures can be found on the Japanese Edward Jones site.

dorian

Reaction score
J, what do you think of those Newbury specials? Looks rather Italian with the squared off nose there...

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I have Stowes, thanks to the redoutable Mr. Harris. Worfe them today and loved them.

Mine are just as the picture he posted- dark oak antique, 606 last, ordered through Malouf's in Burlingame.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.