• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward Green Sale

TimelessRider

Reaction score
Here's what they will put on sale in size 8.5F (UK): BEAULIEU CHESTNUT 888 CANTERBURY BLK 202 CANTERBURY BURGUNDY 808 CARDIFF COGNAC SUEDE 808 CARDIFF BLK 808 CHELSEA DARK OAK 202 CHELSEA CHESTNUT 202 ELMSLEY BURGUNDY 606 GLADSTONE BLK 888 WESTMINSTER CHESTNUT 202 (hopefully mine) WINDERMERE BLK 202 £250 tax free (plus usually £30 shipping to the US) It was a close tie between the Westminster and the suede Cardiff but I promised myself I'd only order one.
cry.gif

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At today's exchange rates, 280 pounds = $540.85. Thus, the shoes most definitely are still quite expensive, even with the sale prices.

Unless I can find a pair of Dovers or Halifax boots in my size, I'm holding out for the Bennie's sale of Grenson Masterpieces.

Reaction score
I received a postcard from Edward Green's this morning. It states (as previously posted) that the sale will begin at 9.00am on Tuesday, 4 January 2005. See you there.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At today's exchange rates, 280 pounds = $540.85. Thus, the shoes most definitely are still quite expensive, even with the sale prices.

Unless I can find a pair of Dovers or Halifax boots in my size, I'm holding out for the Bennie's sale of Grenson Masterpieces.
And I believe shoe trees are an extra 40 pounds if you want them. The sale is not great. You're talking a nominal ~ $200 discount when all is said and done below Ralph Lauren or Saks retail prices, where you can actually try the shoes on and buy them then and there.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You can do the best if you can find a good pair of RLPL shoes when they go on sale.  I believe the shoe trees are included.  Unfortunately, RL did not have a good selection this year.
Where can you find these? The Rhinelander Mansion had bugger-all even at full price.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(bry2000 @ 30 Dec. 2004, 12:30) You can do the best if you can find a good pair of RLPL shoes when they go on sale. I believe the shoe trees are included. Unfortunately, RL did not have a good selection this year.
Where can you find these? The Rhinelander Mansion had bugger-all even at full price.
yes, the purple labels sell out quickly and don't really go on sale. it's true that shoe trees are included with them

TimelessRider

Reaction score
I personally prefer the sale from the EG store despite the higher cost. I get a wider selection of models, a variety of colors, and more importantly, being a UK F-fitting, a significantly better fit than at RL or Saks. I do not consider the shoe trees to be a factor since they are easy to substitute.

drljva

Reaction score
(RJMan @ 30 Dec. 2004, 12:56)
Originally Posted by bry2000,30 Dec. 2004, 12:30
You can do the best if you can find a good pair of RLPL shoes when they go on sale. Â I believe the shoe trees are included. Â Unfortunately, RL did not have a good selection this year.
yes, the purple labels sell out quickly and don't really go on sale. it's true that shoe trees are included with them
The Polo store on Bond Street in London seemed to have a pretty good selection on sale when I was there last week. Those shoe tree on the EG PL shoes are lovely in the extreme... :*) JV

Trilby

Reaction score
I was in the Bond Street store on Monday and saw numerous pairs of EG Dover (or whatever Mr. L calls them) on sale. I don't remember the exact price -- they didn't have my size so I didn't pay close attention. I think they were around the GBP 200 mark (including VAT), so not too bad a deal.

Looking to improve

Reaction score
Here's what was (still) on sale wednesday the 5th in a size 10D (UK): CARDIFF EDWARDIAN 606 BERKELEY EDWARDIAN 202 CHELSEA CHESTNUT 202 PICCADILLY CHESTNUT 184 £290 (which I suspect includes tax but excludes shipping and handling) I was severely tempted by the Berkeley but decided that -this time- I would be strong
sad.gif
. MtB

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads