Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Edward Green Retailers - maybe Lobbs?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dapperdanman, Oct 1, 2006.

1. dapperdanman

dapperdanman New Member

I was trolling the web for local retailers selling Edward Green shoes and tripped across this forum for the first time. The polo.com discount thread was the 1st item that I read, and I cooked half an hour going through the whole thing...my fiance walked in and gave me the evil eye, babbling something about my laughing waking her from a deep sleep... Good show to all who participated and commented... In any case, I seem to have gotten off topic.

The Church's store in San Francisco closed a several years ago, shortly after the Prada purchase. I bought everything that didn't disgust me on close out, and have basically been out of the new shoe game save the odd whimsical purchase and replacing worn-out staples ever since. Based on a quick survey of posts here, most would rather wear clown shoes, dog slippers or swim fins than Church's, but I have digressed once again...

The time is right for a major replenishing, but I'm like a child wandering alone in the night, especially on account of my recent move to Boston. Can I buy EG RTW anywhere in town? (I think) I saw 2 or 3 pair at the Polo store. I am in New York most weeks... how about there? Any trunk shows on the calendar? Are these things ever on sale?

Sak's in Boston had a couple styles of Lobbs earlier in the year...are the RTWs really up to $1100+? Visiting Madison Ave store Tuesday...are they ever discounted?

Thank you in advance for your time.

2. mussel

mussel Senior member

EG retailers in NY:

Polo Madsion
    Saks
    Jay Kos
    Venanzi
    Asprey (don't know if it sitll does after its relocation)
    Mitchell's & Richard's in Westport and Greenwich, CT if you are driving thru between Boston & NY

Lobb Madison Ave store has sales twice a year. BG also carries JL.

3. Christofuh

Christofuh Senior member

Saks in Boston had Lobbs, eh ? That wasn't the day they spotted Elvis leaving the building, was it ? [​IMG]