• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward Green pricing

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
I've lost track. What is "MSRP" right now for Edward Greens?
Are Leffot's prices ($1125 for RTW, excluding trees) inflated?

The last time I bought a pair, the going price was $900 or so...that was early 2008.

Major Roadrash

Reaction score
I don't know if EG itself has raised prices, but resellers seem to have. Prices for the EG models on Brooks Brothers' website were recently raised by more than $150 per pair.

I bought my first pair of EGs (ready-to-wear) last spring at a menswear store for $1,095. A pair of made-to-order Chelseas I ordered last fall from the same store arrived last week with a price of $1,595! (Neither pair included trees).

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, IIRC Edward Green caps their output at 10,000 or something pairs per year, so the only way to make more money is to raise the price.

wmb

Reaction score
mto 6 mo ago seems to be the rtw price today...

Ivon

Reaction score
I think G&G raised their prices today, I think I saw £25 mentioned. We're just lucky the pound is in the tank vs the dollar these days. £660 @ 1.6 isn't that bad, less VAT. Imagine £660 @ 2.0 or 2.1? Other than some odd sized fugly ones, anybody not living in England ever see a sale on EG shoes? I asked my SA at BB if the Peal EGs ever go on sale, I think he said maybe once in the 3 years he's been there.

I scour the B/S for deals on high end RTW shoes, just need to be patient and really lucky. Other than that not much you can do. If you want to run with da big dogs....

hobo style

Reaction score
My understanding, after some recent inquiries, is that the MTO upcharge on EGs is more like $250-300. Not sure if that varies between sellers.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The MTO upcharge is like $100. What the **** is $100 at this price point?

Last time I ordered (May 2011) the MTO upcharge was 150GBP and the OTR price for a Chelsea was 630GBP. This included VAT, but did not include trees or shipping. Not sure if prices went up since then.

Harrydog

Reaction score

I think G&G raised their prices today, I think I saw £25 mentioned. We're just lucky the pound is in the tank vs the dollar these days. £660 @ 1.6 isn't that bad, less VAT. Imagine £660 @ 2.0 or 2.1? Other than some odd sized fugly ones, anybody not living in England ever see a sale on EG shoes? I asked my SA at BB if the Peal EGs ever go on sale, I think he said maybe once in the 3 years he's been there.
I scour the B/S for deals on high end RTW shoes, just need to be patient and really lucky. Other than that not much you can do. If you want to run with da big dogs....

BB EG are not branded as Peals. Also, I don't think the EG are excluded from the 25% off during Friends and Family sales. I have a coupon that is good through the end of March for a 25% off day, sort of a name your own Friends and Family sale day. I just got a notice of a one day 30% sale on March 15th for BB credit card holders.

If the Madison Ave store has the Inverness in my size, I will definitely be tempted.

4utomattic

Reaction score
Just in case any of you are interested, I still have these for sale in the B&S forum!
smile.gif

Thanks,
http://www.styleforum.net/t/287847/nib-edward-green-robertsbridge-in-10-10-5-e-on-the-82-last

Great shoe. Copped if they were any colour but burgundy.
baldy[1].gif

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I asked my SA at BB if the Peal EGs ever go on sale, I think he said maybe once in the 3 years he's been there.

BB EG are not branded as Peals.

And BB has only been selling EG for about a year now after a long hiatus. They did sell them as Peals years ago.

Last edited:

Ivon

Reaction score
They were not included during the last Boxing Week sale when I casually asked. At $1250 for the Inverness with trees, while Robert Jones is the authorized dealer for EG is literally across the hall, starting around $1100 sans trees last I checked. Guess It's time to build a better relationship with my BB SA then, lol.

I try not to ask more than general questions or I'll end up buying. I found out John Ferragamo the tailor now carries G&G locally, they were a bit coy about pricing. His shop is in the same building as my shoe repair guy and I didn't mention that I have a couple of pair of G&G. That was a couple of months ago. Since then the B/S has yielded some real gems for me and Bespoke England is a great place to buy from. Shoe shopping in Toronto is unbelievably bad IMO.

HEARTLESS-531

Reaction score
EG just can't shake negative publicity. Great shoes, screwed up brand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads