• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Edward Green moving to 75 Jermyn Street

sysdoc

Reaction score
Today I found this card in the mail:
Bye bye Burlington Arcade, hello Jermyn Street!
Now one can do Tricker's - Crockett & Jones - Edward Green - Foster & Son - John Lobb Paris all along one street ...

dorian

Reaction score
NO! I AM NOT A FAN OF THIS!

Seriously, I'll miss strolling through the Burlington Arcade on a mission to EG. In fact, I'm just going to have to stop by later today.

sysdoc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dorian
NO! I AM NOT A FAN OF THIS!
Seriously, I'll miss strolling through the Burlington Arcade on a mission to EG. In fact, I'm just going to have to stop by later today.

Well, in fact, I prefer Burlington Arcade too - on rainy days! With wind, rain or snow Jermyn Street is quite a mess and certainly not very safe for people with leather sole shoes. I suppose the rent in Jermyn St. is a bit less than in the very flashy BA. Anyway, EG's move won't keep me from strolling through the Burlington Arcade on my way from Jermyn St. to Savile Row.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll be checking the new location out in person on March 28th.

Virginia Dandy

Reaction score
Is sysdoc's brilliant photo essay of a visit to the Burlington Arcade location lost in cyberspace? It should somehow be preserved for posterity. . . .or perhaps be reposted here? Sysdoc - possible?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't recall which storefront that is. Who was the previous tenant?

I never particularly loved the Burlington Arcade store. The windows were great, but there wasn't much room inside. Jermyn street will amost certainly be bigger.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Didn't get a card. Not yet?
I suppose sysdoc buys more shoes than I do and gets preferential treatment.

Had to check it on google: 75 Jermyn Street is next to Taylor of Old Bond Street and two doors up from Hilditch & Key.

Previous tenant an Italian men's outfitter:

http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1185/28235.php

sysdoc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Virginia Dandy
Is sysdoc's brilliant photo essay of a visit to the Burlington Arcade location lost in cyberspace? It should somehow be preserved for posterity. . . .or perhaps be reposted here? Sysdoc - possible?
Cheers for your kind words, VD, I still have the photos, so I can certainly post the essay again. I just don't want to be seen as a guy who intentionally bumps up old posts ...

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sysdoc
Cheers for your kind words, VD, I still have the photos, so I can certainly post the essay again.

I just don't want to be seen as a guy who intentionally bumps up old posts ...

Please do. Just don't stick copyright notices at the bottom and you should be fine ...

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
Didn't get a card. Not yet?
I suppose sysdoc buys more shoes than I do and gets preferential treatment.

Had to check it on google: 75 Jermyn Street is next to Taylor of Old Bond Street and two doors up from Hilditch & Key.

Previous tenant an Italian men's outfitter:

http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1185/28235.php

If you care to take a peek at the storefront(click and scroll to the right).The Fabri space is the future home of EG.

http://www.streetsensation.co.uk/stjames/jer_sth2.htm

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123

I never particularly loved the Burlington Arcade store. The windows were great, but there wasn't much room inside. Jermyn street will amost certainly be bigger.

Ah, Fabri. Never liked their stuff that much. And in Jermyn street, you're allowed to whistle. An overall improvement, I think, at least as long as the space in Burlington Arcade is filled up with something nice.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.