• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward green in seattle?

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
Although I am originally from Seattle, I wasn't in a position to buy Edward Green shoes while growing up... I'll be there on business in mid-July. Can anyone recommend a place to buy E. Green shoes in the area?

Even full retail in Seattle should beat the prices in Tokyo.

Bic

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Unfortunately the closest place I know of for sure is in the SF Bay Area. You could try Mario's, however...www.marios.com.

Mitch D

Reaction score
I thought that Butch Blum might carry EGs,but I called them this afternoon,and was told that they don't. I suppose I'll have to head downtown to do some recon.
wink.gif
Will check out Mario's and Nordstrom,and report back soon.

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Mitch D. You are a prince.

I remember when the new Nordstorm openned downtown (1996?) and their shoe selection was trumpted....but I was a mere babe in the shoe woods back then and wouldn't have known an Edward Green from a Florsheim.

Bic

humrepair

Reaction score
When I asked EG about their retailers in the U.S., they did not list any stores north of California in the western half of the country.

Mitch D

Reaction score
Well,I stopped by Nordstrom,Mario's,and Barney's New York this afternoon (I know: Tough job,but someone has to do it
biggrin.gif
) ,and none carries Edward Green. Mario's did have some nice shoes by Gravati,Sutor Mantellassi,and J.M. Weston though.

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
Thanks very much for going to the trouble, Mich D.

I suppose the Shoe God are trying to tell me something. Pay Japanese retail....not.

Bic

Mitch D

Reaction score

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Bic- an Alaska Airlines or SW flight from Seattle to SF is pretty cheap. I'm guessing $150 or so round trip if you buy them now...It might be worth your while to visit Malouf's...

Nordstrom here in SF carries handmade Santonis. A Harris and I have been admiring them from afar because of the stratospheric price tag...

I picked up a pair of RLPL EG loafers at a Rack here a month or so ago, too. As they don't quite fit, you'll see them on E-Bay soon...

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
Steve,

So what is the price of the handmade Santoni's? It sure sounds like the SF Nordstrom is better than the ones in the Midwest. And I have never seen EG's at the rack. You are a lucky man.

-Andy

JohnMS

Reaction score
Steve B.,

What is the size of the EG's?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Andrew;

$1495, and they are really great-looking shoes, although the color's a bit red for my taste. The Nordstroms here in the Bay Area carry really good stuff- especially downtown SF. They also have Isaia, and do trunk shows. I did consider myself quite lucky on the loafer find- thanks.

John:

10/10.5E, RLPL model 28986 model, burnt pine. Slip stitched split toe- they're really nice, wish they fit me.

JohnMS

Reaction score
Thanks Steve B. I wear a 7/7.5. Do you think I could stuff some newspaper in the toes and add tongue pads to take up the extra 4 inches of space?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics