Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Edward green halifax!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Phil, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Phil

Phil Senior member

Just picked up my pair of Walnut Country Calf Halifax boots from Richard's of Greenwich. Surprisingly, they came in 5 weeks early. I am posting because a few months ago there was a discussion on the pricing of EG, specifically the Halifax. I was charged $695.00. I would wholeheartedly recommend Richard's, and especially Arylene Goldberg, who has helped me out there over the past couple of years. If I had a digital camera I would post some pictures, they are beautiful.

2. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior member

You lucky dog. Richards quoted me $1,200 for that boot, but I didn't speak to Arlyne though. I ended up faxing my order to the Burlington Arcade and it should be shipping today.

What last/sole did you order?

3. Phil

Phil Senior member

wow, im really suprised at the price you got. I have been a customer for a long time, perhaps why I got such a good rate. In fact, I just ordered a pair of Stowe's and they are going to be $695.00 too. I ordered the halifax in walnut country calf, 505 last, double leather sole with a fudge welt. I plan on wearing them mostly with tweed/heavy flannel suits, corduroy trousers, and jeans.

4. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior member

I need to have me a chat with this Arylene gal. [​IMG]

5. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

I got my "Halifax" boots about 3 month ago and I paid GBP 525.00, which is (at today's rate) about $ 950.00.

Maybe I should place my orders not with the London shop, but get them from the US of A.