• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward Green for Paul Stuart ID question.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If anyone would know something about Edward Greens, it would be someone here. These are EGs made for Paul Stuart:

EdwardGreensBlackBals005.jpg

EdwardGreensBlackBals001.jpg

See here for more pictures. They are for sale too.

Can anyone identify the size, style and last from the picture of the shoes and picture of the inside writing?

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano
9C on the 202 lasts?

Thanks!

Is the 202 a well known EG last?

Can anyone tell the model/style EG from the picture?

And I think you are right about the size 9C. Anyone know about that? And I'm thinking that would be in American sizing since the EG was made for Paul Stuart. Do you think that's right?

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree. 9C on 202. Now is it UK 9C, which maybe a 9.5B US, making it a wee bit narrow?

Regards.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
Agree. 9C on 202. Now is it UK 9C, which maybe a 9.5B US, making it a wee bit narrow?

Regards.

Dang Shikar,
You would throw out an intelligent question. The width ( at the widest point ) is 4" across and the shoe's length is 11 & 7/8'. I'm pretty sure this would be an American size 9C ( especially since it was made for and sold by Paul Stuart ), but I stand to be corrected and would love to have someone share their knowledge. After all, some SF members have dozens of EG shoes
smile.gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
IIRC, all Paul Stuart EG shoes are marked with US sizing, so these would be a narrow US 9.

Nice shoes, btw!

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
. After all, some SF members have dozens of EG shoes
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

And one of those esteemed SF multi EG owners would be:

Originally Posted by aportnoy
IIRC, all Paul Stuart EG shoes are marked with US, so these would be a narrow US 9.

Nice shoes, btw!

Thanks, Andrew.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Is the 202 a well known EG last?....Can anyone tell the model/style EG from the picture?

202 is probably the most frequently used last in the EG canon:

EGlasts.jpg

Style is (old) Berkeley. The current Berkeley has the swan's neck stitching, just like the Chelsea.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rnoldh, I have made this error in my 2nd EG I purchased, a sz 11D202 labelled Berkley in chestnut. it turned out to be US sizing, as is this shoe, and was later sold on our B/S section.
The shoe is a staple, and should sell quickly.

Regards.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
rnoldh, I have made this error in my 2nd EG I purchased, a sz 11D202 labelled Berkley in chestnut. it turned out to be US sizing, as is this shoe, and was later sold on our B/S section. The shoe is a staple, and should sell quickly. Regards.
It's the "Berkeley" shikar ( now I'm an expert
smile.gif
) Right now there are 12 Edward Greens listed on Ebay here, ranging from $535 to $438. Including this identical Black Berkeley on the 202. And here's another Berkeley on the 202 which sold for $208 not including shipping and trees! I think mine are in better shape on the outside than these too. Here's the Berkeleys that sold for $208:
9c0f_2.JPG
Mine are a size 9C American. If someone wants to make an offer please PM me. Tomorrow, I'll do a regular B & S sales thread.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am no expert, and my efforts to correct the spelling or cap. the I following it were futile.....the G1 is now meant for SF. I humbly stand corrected my friend.

Regards.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads