Edward Green for Brooks Brothers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mxgreen, Feb 21, 2011.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Maybe the recent EG shoddy work is proof, undeniable, that they are producing for BB. [​IMG]

haaa

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I am going to kop the FUCK out of that BBBF heavy flannel patch sack. At 40 % off full price.
    Bi-Annual Sale, baby! The spats inpired boot looks good too. On a side note, does anyone know what happened to the BBBF scotch grain double monk strap? [​IMG] I was getting ready to buy it but it dissapeared from the website about a month ago. Whats odd is that just the week before, the website listed multiple sizes including my own (12D). Its hard to believe they sold out. If anyone knows what happened or where I can get a similar pair, please pm me.

3. forex

forex Senior member

Bi-Annual Sale, baby!

The spats inpired boot looks good too. On a side note, does anyone know what happened to the BBBF scotch grain double monk strap?

[​IMG]

I was getting ready to buy it but it dissapeared from the website about a month ago. Whats odd is that just the week before, the website listed multiple sizes including my own (12D). Its hard to believe they sold out. If anyone knows what happened or where I can get a similar pair, please pm me.

Don't you know that inventory listed on BB's website isn't accurate? I will only believe after it is shipped to me, they can always backorder or cancel your order.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Don't you know that inventory listed on BB's website isn't accurate? I will only believe after it is shipped to me, they can always backorder or cancel your order.

Yeah i have been shafted by BB multiple times. Im just hopeful I can still get 'em

5. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

I will add to the excitement about EG for BB. Those waist coats are also fantastic.

6. xudisco07

xudisco07 Senior member

They had BBBF suits listed for $1 a few months back. I bought 15, 2 days later I got an email saying they canceled the order. [​IMG]

7. phailing101

phailing101 Senior member

They had BBBF suits listed for $1 a few months back. I bought 15, 2 days later I got an email saying they canceled the order. [​IMG]

CLASSIC

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Im sure for your own personal consumption [​IMG]

9. xudisco07

xudisco07 Senior member

Im sure for your own personal consumption [​IMG]

Of course. I range from size bb1-bb5 day to day [​IMG]

10. nmprisons

nmprisons Senior member

Details: Four styles will be coming out in the four, 2 lace-ups and 2 loafers. They will be branded as "Edward Green for Brooks Brothers" . . . cost will be north of a grand.

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Details: Four styles will be coming out in the four, 2 lace-ups and 2 loafers. They will be branded as "Edward Green for Brooks Brothers" . . . cost will be north of a grand.
    Nice. Anyone have BB cards they want to sell? As much as I can hate on BB, they are still one of the few retailers where you can buy nice shoes on large discount. If you wait for one of their sales and use a gift card purchased at 20% off, you can get a pair of nice shoes for almost half off.

12. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

Nice. Anyone have BB cards they want to sell?

As much as I can hate on BB, they are still one of the few retailers where you can buy nice shoes on large discount. If you wait for one of their sales and use a gift card purchased at 20% off, you can get a pair of nice shoes for almost half off.

That's if they put the EGs on sale

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Where is this intel from?

14. NORE

NORE Senior member

Yes and when is this going to happen exactly?

15. jk2317

jk2317 Well-Known Member

Hi everybody. I think this is my first SF post (at least I don't remember another one... guess we'll see when this gets posted).

Yesterday I stumbled into the BB on Madison Ave, in need of some new shoes for a wedding this weekend. I was hoping for some oxblood/burgundy wingtips. I'd been to this BB store about 4 weekends ago and they had nothing I loved (though some brown shoes that would have worked). I arrived in the shoe department to see 5 pairs of EG's sitting on the front display.

* Inverness 888 in Burgundy Antique
    * Dover in a dark brown
    * Plain cap toe in black
    * Plain cap toe in brown suede (these two looked like the same model, but I don't know its name)
    * Monk strap NST in black (again, I don't know model name)

All were priced at $1100. There was no Brooks Brothers labeling of any kind, with the exception of a UPC code sticker on the shoe box itself. The Inverness were *exactly* what I was looking for, and the ones on display were even my size. It was clearly fate, so I took them home.

Maria, who was working there, said they had just gone on display Thursday, and that no other BB store will have them (whether that's true or not, I don't know)

I took some truly awful camera phone pics. I'll try to post them later when I'm not on an airplane.