1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Elmsley - Burgundy 8/8.5E - 888 last

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by cwh812, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwh812

cwh812 Senior member

For sale is a pair of Edward Green Elmsley shoes in Burgundy Antique in size 8/8.5E on the 888 last.

Need to make some room in my closet so these are on the chopping block. They have had a good amount of wear (estimate 25-30 wears), however, have been well taken care of with EG trees and polished regularly with Saphir products. Lots of life still left in these.

They will not come with shoe trees nor the box, however, have the dust bags and the polishing cloth. $250 shipped in the US - priced for a quick sale. Discuss shipping prices to other jurisdictions.

Let me know if you have any questions.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  2. bigeasy

bigeasy Member

Is it UK 8/8.5E or US 8/8.5D?

3. cwh812

cwh812 Senior member

They are an E width. EG does not make any differentiation between UK market shoes and US market shoes. If you buy an EG shoe marked as an E in the UK or in the US they will be the same width. Similarly for D. Many people think that EG's E width is equivalent to most other US manufacturer's D - I think that is pretty accurate, however, I think most other US manufacturer's D fits in between EG's D and E. BTW, there is not much difference between D and E - I wear each frequently. Hope this helps. Would recommend you check out this thread (page 42 has this discussion):

http://www.styleforum.net/t/291745/edward-green-appreciation-pictures-info-and-where-to-buy/615

4. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

5. joonian

joonian Senior member

C'mon Malford, give me a chance to own an EG! :)

6. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman Senior member

Damn. I have a feeling these will be resold for more. Only about 6 hours late.

7. cwh812

cwh812 Senior member

Sold. Thanks all.

8. Mid-Modernist

Mid-Modernist Member

Could I ask which color Saphir polishes you used?

9. cwh812

cwh812 Senior member

This was an old thread. I used a mix of mahogany and black Saphir polish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.