1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green/ Drake's Pop -Up Sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by PhiloVance, Jul 16, 2012.

1. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

I grabbed a navy Drake's 100% Cashmere V-Neck (made in Scotland) in size 38 for £120 (from £285) SOLD. It's a little small so if anyone wants it at cost - drop me a PM

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  2. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Senior member

Exactly what I'm looking for!

3. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

That is a bargain. Wish it was my size.

4. justsayno

justsayno Senior member

Proxy needed for 6.5 to 7 !

5. qbessi

qbessi Senior member

Post your purchases people!.

Huw/Hue? ( never did ask your name ) - if you're reading this, visit my personal site below and shoot me an email so I have your details :).

6. Macallan

Macallan Senior member

I was given warnings about taking a bottle of water (when my friend was queuing, someone went to the pub for a bottle of water but no luck) and a book. No queue but about 8 customers in the shop already, it was difficult to move - lots of shoes and ties, some pocket squares, 6 shirts and a few scarves. I got 3 ties, the tie selection was not great, the gent from Drakes said most of the ties went on the first day especially navy ties.

Defect shoes started from £295 and non-defect from £390 (there were signs on the shelves, but the defect and perfect shoes were all mixed up) - in every size, most of the shelves were full and in one corner about dozen on the floor. The only black oxford in my size was in patent leather, there were 3 derbys though.
    Scarves for £45
    Ties £45 or 3 for £120
    Fogotten the shirt price
    About dozen pair of socks (if you like yellow socks, they have a pair)

One thing I did notice was that on some shoes, the defect shoe was not the shelf. I saw a pair of shoes for £295 and the shoe (right) looked perfect, they double checked the price and got the left shoe from the stock area, which had a defect. .

A customer got lucky, he found a pair of shoes he wanted that were not available at the last factory sale in Northampton. He was telling the gent from EG, that he always goes to the Norhampton factory sale.

If you have not been it is still worth going, EG and Drake's will be restocking; however, it seems you will find more luck with EG then Drake's. The gent from Drake's was saying they expected EG to be very busy with some customers for Drake's but they have been very busy.

7. EFBenson

EFBenson Well-Known Member

interestingly many of the shoe prices stated an original price of £720- does that mean they were MTO?

the sales assistant said that the label inside the shoes I bought did not say they were seconds, can anyone 'interpret' the box label, to suggest why they were reduced?

[​IMG]

8. wisdom

wisdom Member

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Go easy on me!

I went across town during something of an extended lunch break to stick my head in and see if they had anything suitable for my sister's upcoming wedding. No queue to get in, perhaps 4 to 8 other customers in the (small) shop at any one time.

I managed to snag a pair of Albermarle's (spelling? A very slightly modernised take on the classic cap toe oxford) in a beautiful 'slate' colour. They were at the subs price of £295 down from £695. I couldn't notice any obvious defect and when I asked the EG assistant he said it was because the 'slate' leather they'd received from the tannery was "softer than usual". The result is that these shoes feel like slippers straight from the off! They're truly beautiful shoes and I couldn't be happier with them, I just hope they hold together well. Can shoe leather really be too soft? As long as the shoes maintain their structure what's the problem? I'll post pictures when I get the chance.

They seemed to be constantly replenishing the shelves so I'd highly suggest making the journey if you were thinking of it but concerned they might have run out of decent stock by now.

9. Macallan

Macallan Senior member

I did see a sign saying £720 ('RRP £720' with a x mark and '£395' below); however, assumed they were just stating RRP for boots and trying to confuse people. None of the shoes I saw, showed a £720 price tag on the sole.

The 'B stock' stamp is not clear on the box, without seeing the shoes, cannot say why they are 'b stock'.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  10. LS7

LS7 Senior member

Dover, Walnut Country Calf, 606 Last

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

I like how the pebble grain totally adds character to the shoe. This quality alone can justify having 2 dovers (the other being sooth calf).

12. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior member

Very nice. I'd like a pair.

13. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Senior member

WANT!!!!

Please tell me dainite sole.....

14. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

Nice. Enjoy them.

-LR

15. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

it's visible...

16. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

*delete*

17. qbessi

qbessi Senior member

[​IMG]

Oundle D888 in Chestnut Antique
    Cardiff E202 in Nutmeg Suede
    Galway F82 in Dark Oak Antique with mink suede
    Galway F202 in Burnt Pine Antique

Size 11 - 11.5

I'll take better, detailed photos later.

18. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

If anyone is willing to pick up a pair of those CC Dovers on Danite in a 8.5/9E I'll pay a nice fee.....

19. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Excellent haul... with the prices they are hard to beat. 2 Galways... lucky you.

20. qbessi

qbessi Senior member

Thanks. Took two days of sweat and hours spent with the EG guys helping me out.