• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward green dover discounted?

daytrader

Reaction score
Hey everyone, had another shoe question. Was wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to find the Edward Green Dover on 808 last with double leather soles discounted? $500-$650 range. I checked with A. Harris's discount shoe contact but he didn't have it in at the moment and wasn't sure when one might become available. Pictures of the shoe are below:
dover1.jpg
dover2.jpg
dover3.jpg
dover4.jpg
Thanks in advance for any info or replies.

TimelessRider

Reaction score
A few weeks ago the Ralph Lauren Purple Label version of this shoes was on sale for about that price. The only difference is that it would have been on the 89 last and possibly a slightly different shade of brown.

The ebay seller english-shoes can sometimes find specific models and sizes at steep discounts.

Edit: Just realized you already contacted english-shoes. Sorry have no further advice.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Forum participant Phil reported that that model on the 606 last in dark oak antique was marked down at the NYC Ralph Lauren store last month. I can't remember the price, but I think that it was in your range. Other than that, I know that the shoe is carried at Jay Kos, Saks in NYC, and George Bass in New Orleans. It may go on sale at one of those three places, but I wouldn't hold your breath. It is EG's signature model, after all.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A few weeks ago the Ralph Lauren Purple Label version of this shoes was on sale for about that price. The only difference is that it would have been on the 89 last and possibly a slightly different shade of brown.
If memory serves, even though Ralph is enamored of the 89 last, those particular shoes were on the 606.

daytrader

Reaction score
A few weeks ago the Ralph Lauren Purple Label version of this shoes was on sale for about that price.  The only difference is that it would have been on the 89 last and possibly a slightly different shade of brown.

The ebay seller english-shoes can sometimes find specific models and sizes  at steep discounts.

Edit: Just realized you already contacted english-shoes.  Sorry have no further advice.
Thanks Timeless. Yeah, he checked for me at the Burlington factory but they just had it on the 606 last I think. Thanks

daytrader

Reaction score
Forum participant Phil reported that that model on the 606 last in dark oak antique was marked down at the NYC Ralph Lauren store last month. I can't remember the price, but I think that it was in your range. Other than that, I know that the shoe is carried at Jay Kos, Saks in NYC, and George Bass in New Orleans. It may go on sale at one of those three places, but I wouldn't hold your breath. It is EG's signature model, after all.
Thanks alot Jcsuey. Will have to give those places a call.

TimelessRider

Reaction score
If memory serves, even though Ralph is enamored of the 89 last, those particular shoes were on the 606.
Quite possible, my memory isn't what it used to be.
cry.gif

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks alot Jcsuey. Will have to give those places a call.
I'd be interested to know if you manage to track one down. Every Dover that I've seen in stores (admittedly, not that many) has been on 606, and my understanding is the EG generally discourages stores from using 808. I was only able to get my pair on 808 by special ordering them.

daytrader

Reaction score
Interesting information Jcusey. I didn't know it was EG's signature shoe. Maybe I'll have to bite the bullet and go the special order route if I can't find a pair. I was going through a couple of older posts awhile back and correct me if I'm wrong but is there a store in Greenwich that special orders EG shoes for around $695 or something like that? Can't remember the name or if they take phone orders.

jrh

Reaction score
Richard's in Greenwich, CT or Mitchell's in Westport, CT have EGs. Better yet, if you know your size deal directly with the EG store in London.

Bite the bullet, the Dover is a wonderful shoe. I have pair in stag suede and years ago had a pair in black country cafe. Nothing is nicer then getting the shoe you want.

daytrader

Reaction score
Richard's in Greenwich, CT or Mitchell's in Westport, CT have EGs. Better yet, if you know your size deal directly with the EG store in London.

Bite the bullet, the Dover is a wonderful shoe.  I have pair in stag suede and years ago had a pair in black country cafe.  Nothing is nicer then getting the shoe you want.
Cool, Thanks JRH. Just shot an email over to Mitchell's and Richard's to find out what they charge. Would the EG store directly be alot more expensive?

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you want to ask for Arlyne at Richard's. For most non-boot orders, price is $695.

Lint Brush

Reaction score
I did see the RLPL version of the Dover at the Madison Ave/72nd store last Saturday for $510. Quite beautiful looking. They had a number of other Green made models there for the same price, including a black monk strap. Hope this is helpful.

daytrader

Reaction score
I did see the RLPL version of the Dover at the Madison Ave/72nd store last Saturday for $510.  Quite beautiful looking.  They had a number of other Green made models there for the same price, including a black monk strap.  Hope this is helpful.
That is helpful. Thanks. One other question. Do you know what the style of the RLPL Dover is called? I'm sure it's called something else.

Lint Brush

Reaction score
I think they were called the "Count", but don't hold me to it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads