• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward green boots on ebay

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the seller but there are some beautiful tobacco suede Edward Green balmoral boots listed on eBay here. There were three pairs in different sizes this morning, and two have been sold during the day. Alas, none was my size.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was about to email you about them Bengal, but then, while checking to make sure that they hadn't already sold any 12-13's, I noticed that you had already bought a pair.. Nice job Â
smile.gif
Unfortunately the seller says he doesn't have any more sizes, nor can he get any Â
sad.gif

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice pick up Bengal. Yeah, I just noticed that you were the buyer. I can't believe what a great price they were. I just received my EG balmorals--identical to the RL PL shoes posted by A Harris w/o the brouging(sp?).

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
 I can't believe what a great price they were.  
All three pairs (in different sizes) were sold as "Buy it Now" in less than 24 hours after listing. Obviously, as far as he is concerned,  the seller has pitched the price too low.
I just received my EG balmorals--identical to the RL PL shoes posted by A Harris w/o the brouging(sp?).
Are your EG shoes the style "Beaulieu"? Hope they give you a lifetime of joy.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, I got the Bergkley (or something like Berkeley with a G) in the Edwardian finish. BTW, do you know if Lobb offers resoling/reconstruction services similar to Green? This might be interesting for the rest of the forum members...

matt

naturlaut

Reaction score
Yes, Lobb does. Â Depending on the shoe, it will cost you somewhere around US$120. Â How much does Green cost? Listing them for $250 ... maybe the seller doesn't know what they are? Â I have seen Gucci shoes on eBay seller more than $250. And by the way, is this even real? --- Lobb on eBay(Buy-it-now at $40.....) .... serves me right for not browsing eBay a little more diligently.... argh.

FCS

Reaction score
Bloody hell... if that's truly the real thing.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Naturlaut - I think the cost for resoling EG and JL shoes is somewhat higher. Around GBP 120.00 (at least that is what they charge here in London).

The Lobb shoes on eBay were really incredible. They were John Lobb (London) and handmade, not John Lobb (Paris) and factory-made. They are gone now through "Buy it now" (no wonder, must be someone's lucky day). Sometimes sellers do not know what they list.

I once got a pair of Lattanzis (on German eBay) for 70 or 80 Euros. Although I wear them very rarely (they are flashy), it's nice to get a bargain.

Sevcom

Reaction score
While we're talking about eBay shoe finds ... Since it'd be completely fiscally irresponsible for me to spend even this much right now on a pair of shoes (though they'd be so worth it.), here's a pair of fabled Lobb Perriers. Happy New Year's to all, and good luck to any bidders. Edit: I'm not affiliated in any way with the seller.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll add a tangent to the original post...
I began wearing my Greens around the house today. Geez, the 202 last is REALLY narrow. I thought I had made a mistake and my toes were condemned to a fate similar to a Chinese concubine, yet after four hours of lounging about the shoes have begun to conform to my feet without any discomfort. Is this the norm? I had a similar experience with Moreschi...

matt

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads