• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suede Galways today.. Insanely comfy.

IMG_5483.JPG

IMG_5482.JPG

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jimney

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with the heels of the R1 rubber sole? The outermost rubber layer has separated at the back of the heel on both of my Dovers.

It looks like it’s extending back past the leather part a bit now, I’m wondering if the changes in temperature had anything to do with it.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Interesting. I have a 32 from some years back that fits perfectly, and I have a fairly wide forefoot. Of course, I now fit the resinated 82E perfectly, and while the new 202E is OK, 202D is even better, to my surprise.

My main question is if the 32 has become wider recently along with some of the other lasts.
Another query about resinated 88s. I found a lovely neglected pair in my closet that is 11.5/12 E. Now, I fit in the 11 E for 82 pretty well, and 11 D 202 even better. So should I try to downsize the new 88, if there is such a thing? I suppose I could see if Foster is using that again to check out fit, but has any 88 partisan lived through orders in the last few years?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads