• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FinerThingsInLife

Reaction score
Hey guys,

There's a store in Toronto called Robert Jones and they're having an EG trunk show in October (date TBD). If you purchase a pair of shoes during the trunk show, it comes with trees.

This is great news....I live in Toronto....have you heard any more specifics on the date of the trunk show?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still TBD. If you sign up to their mailing list, they'll send you an update.

FinerThingsInLife

Reaction score
Thanks man, they're Mazarin from Meschausetterouges

Just wanted to say how much of a fan I am of Mes Chausettes Rouge......I'm from Canada, but travel often to Europe for business, and have had the pleasure of shopping at this lovely establishment. The selection is great, and if you are ever in Paris, it is definitely worth a stop by; the shop is in a quiet little neighbourhood, which itself is lovely to see and experience. You can buy from Mes Chausettes with confidence....

sforum1

Reaction score
01055ad6fcc5aa3b9717d3ecfbcaf6ec19ec1eaf08.jpg

sforum1

Reaction score
Whats going on over here?? Inverness on some sort of exotic skin? Or just badly, maltreated pair of shoes

Also, shoes are definitely too small for you. Bulging ball of foot and instep too high for shoes. Size up.

Alan Bee
not exotic and definitely not maltreated. Just a nice well worn pair with lots of character on it. Just the burnishing came off a little in the front where the shoe bends. I may opt to add a little black color in my Renovateur to restore the burnishing back to new (very easy) but not sure if I want to do it at the moment.

As for sizing, I don't think I can go to even half a size higher. It's called high instep (which some of us have) and the solution to this is not moving up a size. It's called bespoke but it's also called a lot of money. Looks good to me.

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E68FF17C-CEDB-4D7F-9CF3-5648B905F222.jpeg E3A5BC4D-65DB-4C4B-AD8D-AE3B4B8B405F.jpeg EF60823C-65CF-458F-931C-0118D6BBF9E9.jpeg CAC4DBD0-A3E4-4C86-BEF1-FD558B48B38E.jpeg C58AD344-F3BB-47C5-AE9E-F43A5FF615F1.jpeg B2359650-86B5-4B1E-9BC4-22F817C88A29.jpeg 23CD0C3F-4FCC-465F-99AB-B5648361B542.jpeg The Highly Misunderstood 202 Last:

For as long as I’ve been on these boards (12 years), there’s been a preference by many for the 82 last over the 202 in classic captoe shoe Chelsea.

I drank the cool aid and ended up with a number of 82’s. About 10 years ago I lucked into a black Chelsea at deep discount in the C202 last. I doubt that I would have gone for a 202 otherwise.

On receiving the shoes, I immediately thought they were beautiful, perhaps even more than the 82. Recently I tried the 202 this time in “D” and I have to say hands down, this is the most elegant, sublime pair of EG shoes I’ve ever seen. It beats the 82 last hands down.

It appears to me the notorious reputation of the 202 as a “bulbous” inelegant last is perhaps restricted to larger widths (E and F). It’s hard to describe the beauty and elegance of this shoe in C or D width. It needs to be seen to be appreciated.

Alan Bee

Pictures of Doak C202 vs. Doak E82 vs. Black D202

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I, for one, vote to start calling the shaft the shoe barrel. Huge improvement.

No idea who has come-up with the word 'shaft' to describe the leg of a boot, now you want it replaced with something equally, if not more, obscure.

Why not stick to the classic term 'leg' (of the boot)?

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No idea who has come-up with the word 'shaft' to describe the leg of a boot, now you want it replaced with something equally, if not more, obscure.

Why not stick to the classic term 'leg' (of the boot)?

Sarcasm bro.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics