• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 137 last that the Duke is made on has a more round and classic looking toe box that to my eyes somewhat resembles the 202 last. The 184 that the Piccadilly is made on, has a more almond shaped toe box and looks overall sleeker. In my eyes it somewhat resembles the 82 last. In some pictures, the toe box of the Duke looks clownishly round and just too inelegant for my taste, in other pictures it looks to be shaped perfectly (picture 2), while the Piccadilly looks a bit too sleek and indeed feminine for my taste especially considering that I find dressy loafers to be on the extreme feminine side of the spectrum of mens shoes to begin with, being sleek just makes matters worse.

Here are some examples, in the fist pic of a pair of Dukes I find the toe box too round for my taste, in the second pic also of a pair of Dukes, I find the overall look of the shoe to be perfect. The third pic is of a pair of Piccadillys.

View attachment 1002990

View attachment 1002991

View attachment 1002994

I like both. The Duke is certainly geared toward a casual look and thus I prefer is in shell and suede. The Piccadilly is a classic in calf. Both pairs are on my wish list. I would have already owned that shell Duke had my size not already been gone when Gentlemens Footwear was clearing them out.

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mockingboy

Reaction score
The 137 last that the Duke is made on has a more round and classic looking toe box that to my eyes somewhat resembles the 202 last. The 184 that the Piccadilly is made on, has a more almond shaped toe box and looks overall sleeker. In my eyes it somewhat resembles the 82 last. In some pictures, the toe box of the Duke looks clownishly round and just too inelegant for my taste, in other pictures it looks to be shaped perfectly (picture 2), while the Piccadilly looks a bit too sleek and indeed feminine for my taste especially considering that I find dressy loafers to be on the extreme feminine side of the spectrum of mens shoes to begin with, being sleek just makes matters worse.

Here are some examples, in the fist pic of a pair of Dukes I find the toe box too round for my taste, in the second pic also of a pair of Dukes, I find the overall look of the shoe to be perfect. The third pic is of a pair of Piccadillys.

View attachment 1002990

View attachment 1002991

View attachment 1002994

Do you even have either of these loafers? Who cares how they look in those photos; they both look good in real life and are different.

Piccadilly on 184 is the classic loafers Ross all brands in my book for a dressier look while duke is more casual. I think the Piccadilly is frankly more versatile (eg in suede) and Can be worn in suede with jeans and with a suit.

Duke is more casual for sure and kind of more preppy if you will. Just a more casual shoe to my eye.

I own both.

It isn’t at all feminine in real life

michaelvl

Reaction score
Do you even have either of these loafers? Who cares how they look in those photos; they both look good in real life and are different.

No, I am actually considering purchasing an E.G. loafer (either the Duke or the Piccadilly), but don't have the opportunity to see them IRL, because there isn't a store anywhere near that stocks them. I live in the Netherlands, the closest store that stocks both of the aforementioned models is located in Belgium and they only have them in suede, I am considering purchasing a pair of loafers online in DOAK calf, hence I am currently dependent on judging the two models based on pictures available on the web.

Thanks for sharing you opinion on both models.

teaegg

Reaction score
20180401_145323.jpg
20180401_145149.jpg
Gold delapre. 202 last.

manasdirge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gents, do you know if there is any retailer that stock Galways in all suede?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics