• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
The redwood dovers may have been a seasonal offering...just because they are no longer available RTW doesn't necessarily mean the colour is discontinued for good.

You could be right. First I heard heard of it was in this Reddit post:

When I checked the EG site and the color wasn't there, I had no reason to doubt this fellow.

But you might be right on the seasonal angle.

Only thing is, this Reddit poster had to MTO order these shoes 14 weeks earlier...so in the late summer maybe? So I surmise they were not available late summer or fall or winter of 2021, and they don't seem to be available fall or winter of 2022 either...

Maybe they only come out in the spring? Guess we'll find out in a few months!!! Or someone connected to EG will set us straight before then!

shoefan57

Reaction score
Redwood has been discontinued before and it was several years before it became available again, even for MTO.
The 606 last is an odd one as some find it roomy and as accommodating as the 202 last , but others, like me find it shallow on the instep and narrow across the foot. On the old EG lasts, short too. I have several but won’t order more which is a pity because it does suit the Dover very well indeed.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A very old pair of F202 Banbury

AA65DB10-71B2-4A51-B1CE-C233568683C8.jpeg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was reading a post from a chap on Reddit who had to MTO his Dovers late in 2021 in this color because he said it was discontinued. Looked at the EG website, and this color is not currently offered in their selection of Dovers for sale.

So this is not first-hand knowledge on my part. I stand to be corrected if anyone has better info!
Redwood has been discontinued before and it was several years before it became available again, even for MTO.
The 606 last is an odd one as some find it roomy and as accommodating as the 202 last , but others, like me find it shallow on the instep and narrow across the foot. On the old EG lasts, short too. I have several but won’t order more which is a pity because it does suit the Dover very well indeed.
I better hang on to my pair then 🤣

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the same. Do you know what leather they are? How do you take care of them?
I don’t know what leather they are, but it’s a lot less flexible than a newer pair I have. I take care of them in the same way as all my leather EGs - a pair of shoe trees in them all the time and Saphir cream when needed.

jazz11man1

Reaction score
Just a rant...I ordered a pair of MTO Galways in mid-August. I checked in with EG at various points in the fall and was consistently told that they would ship in mid- or late-November. Now that we are in December, I reached out to inquire on the status and after checking with the factory, they old me that they had been rejected by the lasting department as "the left foot has been pinched on the jack and now has a hole on the outside quarter." The revised delivery date is now the end of February ;-(

I guess the only consolation is that with it being winter, maybe I wouldn't have worn them as much.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a rant...I ordered a pair of MTO Galways in mid-August. I checked in with EG at various points in the fall and was consistently told that they would ship in mid- or late-November. Now that we are in December, I reached out to inquire on the status and after checking with the factory, they old me that they had been rejected by the lasting department as "the left foot has been pinched on the jack and now has a hole on the outside quarter." The revised delivery date is now the end of February ;-(

I guess the only consolation is that with it being winter, maybe I wouldn't have worn them as much.
I ordered a pair in June and likely won't arrive until January (fingers crossed). I feel your pain

shoefan57

Reaction score

It does happen sadly and always did. I had a pair of boots rejected twice before getting a perfect pair sent to me. It’s a bummer but also good that EG are keeping an eye on QC throughout the making process.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It does happen sadly and always did. I had a pair of boots rejected twice before getting a perfect pair sent to me. It’s a bummer but also good that EG are keeping an eye on QC throughout the making process.
For the price, I'm glad they do that. There are other makers of expensive boots that are happy to send them through to the customer with flaws

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads