• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep I went on Wednesday afternoon.
There wasn't a lot of option in boots in when I arrived but luckily I take an 8 F which covered two of four pairs available in size 8. So I picked up:
Galway in Dark Oak 8 F
Galway in Clove Suede 8 F
Cranleigh in Dark Brown Utah 8 E but just roomy enough.
Dover Dark Oak in 8 F.

I will try to get some images up tomorrow but well pleased considering I usually find hardly anything in an F fitting.

It doesn’t look like they re-stocked after Monday then, all of those were there when I was there Monday afternoon - the brown Utah Galways I bought were an 8F. I was tempted by the DOAK Dovers but they’re a bit too formal for my needs nowadays.

jlrivett

Reaction score
Yep I went on Wednesday afternoon.
There wasn't a lot of option in boots in when I arrived but luckily I take an 8 F which covered two of four pairs available in size 8. So I picked up:
Galway in Dark Oak 8 F
Galway in Clove Suede 8 F
Cranleigh in Dark Brown Utah 8 E but just roomy enough.
Dover Dark Oak in 8 F.

I will try to get some images up tomorrow but well pleased considering I usually find hardly anything in an F fitting.
Sweet haul.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage for the Utah Galways I got at the factory sale

D42AF2B9-B404-4DE5-8C59-44FC8D294030.jpeg
C159909F-4083-4EEE-A915-8AA801F8718C.jpeg

garigo

Reaction score
In general, do you guys prefer flat or round laces? Does it change based on the style (boot, split-toe...)?

Ken1036

Reaction score
I totally loved the look of flat laces on a dover, but I had to keep flipping/correcting them to keep them looking sharp. It drove me crazy and made me like round more to avoid the hassle.

Schipy

Reaction score
Just trying my Cranleigh I bought from the sale. Even though I thought I may get away with it I think I definitely need an F fitting. There is some creasing on the vamps due to my high instep and they are bit tight despite what I told myself in the shop..
IMG_5244.JPG
😭

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just trying my Cranleigh I bought from the sale. Even though I thought I may get away with it I think I definitely need an F fitting. There is some creasing on the vamps due to my high instep and they are bit tight despite what I told myself in the shop.. View attachment 1861331 😭
Lovely boots though, I was very tempted by them.

If a little more room in the forefoot would help then it might be worth investing in a shoe stretcher - I’ve had one for years and it’s helped a lot with shoes that are close to fitting but not quite (my feet are different sizes so fit is always a compromise).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads