• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E. coli

Reaction score
With boot season around the corner, decided to break out the Connemara for their maiden voyage

37B68234-4E86-402D-9654-3759A2B10529.jpeg
2543EF79-0DF5-4F38-8B16-A4BD81AB8C18.jpeg

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considering the exchange rates, are there any suggested retailers with the best prices for EG shoes?

Related. Thinking of grabbing a pair of Dovers but if the retailer has a U.S. site, am I losing the benefit of the favorable exchange rate?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Related. Thinking of grabbing a pair of Dovers but if the retailer has a U.S. site, am I losing the benefit of the favorable exchange rate?

How many Dovers do you currently own? I ask because if you have 3 (DOAK, Suede, and a Grain) you don't actually need anymore. Might I suggest taking a look at some HW options.

One that comes to mind that won't break the bank (cheaper than the Dover in fact even with the reduced exchange rate) is Santari's iteration of the SpTD.
It also provides the fine gentleman who love EG the opportunity to retain high leather quality, but improves the construction on their beloved SpTDs.

Screenshot_20220927-203843_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220927-203759_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220927-203648_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220927-204025_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220927-203629_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220927-204001_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220927-203901_Instagram.jpg

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Better off to just buy from
How many Dovers do you currently own? I ask because if you have 3 (DOAK, Suede, and a Grain) you don't actually need anymore. Might I suggest taking a look at some HW options.

One that comes to mind that won't break the bank (cheaper than the Dover in fact even with the reduced exchange rate) is Santari's iteration of the SpTD.
It also provides the fine gentleman who love EG the opportunity to retain high leather quality, but improves the construction on their beloved SpTDs.

View attachment 1837210 View attachment 1837211 View attachment 1837212 View attachment 1837213 View attachment 1837214 View attachment 1837215 View attachment 1837216
These look great, where can i get a pair?

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1837210 View attachment 1837211 View attachment 1837212 View attachment 1837213 View attachment 1837214 View attachment 1837215 View attachment 1837216

I don't currently own a dover but that doesn't mean that I need one and that I don't truly appreciate the suggestion (I do). Having said that, I would certainly consider something else. I am always open to anything that adds diversity to my modest collection. While I've heard of Santari (undoubtably from this forum) I don't know anything about them. I would absolutely have an interest in the brown suede spilt from your post but I couldn't fine it on their site. The EG's I am thinking of are brown suede and unlined. I like the unlined aspect but am certainly not wedded to it.

Any chance you can imbed a link to the brown suedes in your post?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Better off to just buy from

These look great, where can i get a pair?
I don't currently own a dover but that doesn't mean that I need one and that I don't truly appreciate the suggestion (I do). Having said that, I would certainly consider something else. I am always open to anything that adds diversity to my modest collection. While I've heard of Santari (undoubtably from this forum) I don't know anything about them. I would absolutely have an interest in the brown suede spilt from your post but I couldn't fine it on their site. The EG's I am thinking of are brown suede and unlined. I like the unlined aspect but am certainly not wedded to it.

Fortunately for you boys, you have easy access to the man who can provide you both with sizing advice, if you need it, and place the order, should you want to.

None other than your EG friend and mines Stefan...

Last edited:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That picture was supplied to me some time ago from their IG site. In terms of details and pricing, Stefan's site provides information. No RTW only MTO is available for his shoes.

**Edit
Not stated on the Stefan site but the shoes are hand lasted, hw, and the waist handsewn to give the shoes a blind welt, whilst the rest is machine sewn. Leather heel stiffeners and celastic toe, but there is an option for a leather there as well (at least there used to be).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads