• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That pie crust they have over there is pretty sweet.

I've seen a few makers that put out beautiful pie crusts on cordovan.

Vass doesn't really have a last as versatile for smart casual as the 61 last for a loafer. Although, I did stipulate that it was supposed to look like the 61 but fit like the Van last (probably impossible). In any case, the F last (and probably R last) is probably a bit long looking on a loafer style.

Secondly, no way Vass can get their hands on Ravello. At least not Ravello from Horween. I'm confident I could source the color from another cordovan maker, but who knows what long term that color would end up looking like.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few makers that put out beautiful pie crusts on cordovan.

Vass doesn't really have a last as versatile for smart casual as the 61 last for a loafer. Although, I did stipulate that it was supposed to look like the 61 but fit like the Van last (probably impossible). In any case, the F last (and probably R last) is probably a bit long looking on a loafer style.

Secondly, no way Vass can get their hands on Ravello. At least not Ravello from Horween. I'm confident I could source the color from another cordovan maker, but who knows what long term that color would end up looking like.
:lol:
39E5B072-32AC-4444-AF61-41DCEE1A2B8D.gif

ladislav.jancik

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses guys. Just sent them an email inquiring about it. Plus I just found a second defect I didn’t even realize until I tried to lace them up just to test the fit!

It looks like the top speed hook on the right boot actually arrived bent inward so close to the leather it’s impossible to get the laces through the speed hook!!!

O6nSTYJ.jpg

I had the same issue on my MTO Galways. While annoying a little I don't think this is a defect. You can fix it in few seconds.

E. coli

Reaction score
I ordered the Grey CC with Ridgeway and Veldtschoen through the Stefan GMTO

Very nice 👍! I’m contemplating this as I’m already on the green hatch Dover MTO, But will probably pass to maintain peace 😂

E. coli

Reaction score
Hey Guys! Long time since I’ve posted here. Just wanted to ask your expert opinion on this Galway GMTO I just received.

They're Veldschoten(unsure of spelling) construction and I noticed the welt on one of the boots looks like it was pushed in or something and looks like it’s kind of warped. I’ve attached pictures of what I’m talking about to this comment. Is this something I should just let go or should I reach out to the retailer?

68lcphK_d.webp
QZEtjgw_d.webp
QZEtjgw_d.webp
That is bad, it would bug the 💩 out of me. Would definitely return them, looks Meerminish not EG. 🥲

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads